• Train Collides with NYC Transit Tressle @ FP

• Discussion related to NYAR operations on Long Island. Official web site can be found here: www.anacostia.com/nyar/nyar.html. Also includes discussion related to NYNJ Rail, the carfloat operation successor to New York Cross Harbor that connects with NYAR.
Discussion related to NYAR operations on Long Island. Official web site can be found here: www.anacostia.com/nyar/nyar.html. Also includes discussion related to NYNJ Rail, the carfloat operation successor to New York Cross Harbor that connects with NYAR.
  by BMT

So, who did the deed to the 'M' train's bridge over Fresh Pond? :( I heard it was LIRR....but the source could not confirm.

by LIRRNOVA55

who knows. .
btw. . .see one topic below

by Mr rt

Heard that magament was trying to make money by "double stacking" flat cars <GRIN>

At this bus depot TDI (adv company) & Discovery Channel wanted to put a Shark fin on the roof of our express buses until we told them that the Mid-Town tunnel would de-capatate those sharks !

by BMT

Hardy, Har, Har! Mr. T you are a REAL RIOT!

(Bang zooom! to the moon with ya!) :wink:

by M1 9147

OOPS! Another boo, boo within the last year close to the Bushwick wreck. Too bad those cars weren't flattened to pancakes, lol. Whats up, Doug, and Thurston!

by emfinite

Passed by the Subway bridge tonight around 9PM and there are a few scuff marks, but definitely nothing crippling to the M train.

Joe

by mutz155

YOU MEAN THERE WAS ANOTHER ONE? I THOUGHT THE MARKET WAS ALREADY CORNERED. AND BESIDES IF THAT WAS THE ONE YOU WERE TALKING ABOUT, YOU WILL NEVER KNOW.

by Mr rt

Saw a M-7 & M-1 in the yard on flats.
Both had dammage to roofs.
Could it be one or both didn't make it under that bridge ?

by phantom

New M-7's (2) came in this morning on D&H and four M-1's came in from LIRR to go out to D&H. They tried to pass off those two "convertibles" that were involved in the bridge incident! Not Today! Cars were rejected for obvious reasons.

by DogBert

I thought FRA wanted those held? I guess they're done with them... ?

Wonder if they'll be stuck on the island or need to be cut up locally...
Last edited by DogBert on Sat Jul 09, 2005 4:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

by badneighbor

ship them out to the Calverton chop shop...like the ones about two years ago.. :wink:

by BMT

Hey, Mr. T: A certain LIRR Engineer we know was the guy who hauled those 'convertible' M-1's to the upper deck at Fresh Pond on Friday for out-sourcing.

BTW, I'm surprised our rail-recycler across the Hudson never got any of the M-1's. Naporano of New Joisey is always hungry to gooble up some stainless steel cars...yum! yum! Eat'em up!

by The Workers

Didn't NYAR try making convertible boxcars once before with the Montauk viaduct? Or was that the Hillside viaduct? HHHmmm....
  by dukeoq

I belive that was before NYA.
Back in my day.
A freight was routed east on #4 Main with a high car and tore the top off when passing under the viaduct at Hillside.
The clearance on #2 would have allowed the car to pass but as the viaduct begins to drop in elevation, the clearance is much lower over #4.
(Honest guys!! I was only an innocent bystander on this one)