• Saratoga & North Creek (S&NC) Discussion

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New York State.
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New York State.

Moderator: Otto Vondrak

by Old Muley

ED52FD7C-BBCC-47EF-9BFC-E027D9CF564A.jpeg
375045D8-2143-4EA3-AE08-6E9E9F37D048.jpeg
Think I got it. :-D
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
  by CPSmith

Judging just from the second photo ...

Well, those are traction motors, and if they got pulled, that's not a good sign. Hopefully, that's enough to let her move OK, albeit with two (now) idler axles.
  by Eric S Strohmeyer

Good evening folks, ... I just wanted to bump this post back to the top since I have been trying to gather some information about equipment still on the line. From what I can gather in a number of places online, it appears that the only three known pieces of rail equipment still remaining on the line is a privately-owned ex-D&H Alco RS36, an ex-MP coach, and possibly an ex-NYC baggage coach. Does anyone know if the S&NC Diner and ex-UP coach remain on the property as well?

Thanks in advance for any help that can be provided!
  by lvrr325

Engine had thin wheels. May have replaced the entire traction motor and axle combos to fix that issue.
  by Old Muley

The RS36 was moved off the line last year.
I believe that I read on one of these forums that it was moved to the Batten Kill RR.

Old Muley
  by NHV 669

RS-36 5019 actually ended up in Walpole, NH on the GMRC, was moved sometime before the end of 2020.
  by Kuyahoora Valley

There's actually a D&H Lightning Stripe RS36 on the Batten Kill, it's just not 5019. It's not a D&H engine, but numbered 5012. I believe it came from DCL RR.
  by NHV 669

That would be the 5019, as mentioned above. The pair of BL-2s that were on the SNC were stored on the Battenkill, and have recently left to head to the Hoosier Valley Rail museum.
  by oibu

So what is 5019 doing there, just stored? For shop work? New owner or new lease?
  by Old Muley

Finally some GOOD news !!