• New Jersey Excursions

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey

Moderator: David

by David

Arriving in New Jersey and plan to visit various railroad areas. Lakehurst and South Jersey are the top areas. I hope to visit my favorite North Jersey rail line, active and not, Lehigh and Hudson River Railway. I will try to announce in advance where I will be. I hope to meet many of you! Arriving July 3rd and staying until August 1st.
  by R&DB

So what did you see on your excursions?
  by Ken W2KB

David wrote: Tue Jun 29, 2021 11:37 am Arriving in New Jersey and plan to visit various railroad areas. Lakehurst and South Jersey are the top areas. I hope to visit my favorite North Jersey rail line, active and not, Lehigh and Hudson River Railway. I will try to announce in advance where I will be. I hope to meet many of you! Arriving July 3rd and staying until August 1st.
For your consideration: https://www.blackriverrailroad.com/
  by Return to Reading Company Olney Sta

And if you take up KenW2KB’s suggestion recommend you go next weekend 7/17-18. Was there today and crew informed me steam power #60 is scheduled to be used next weekend.
  by RailsEast

Yes, BR&W has the 60 in steam operation, but the 142 on the BDRR out of Phillipsburg is still undergoing her 15-year inspection. A quick side trip, if you're interested, is the narrow-gauge GE 55-tonner now in operation at Allaire State Park on the Pine Creek Railroad in Howell Twp. (just off of I-195) on the weekends. Not too many places you can shoot, or ride behind, a narrow-gauge GE unit these days. The regular power, a 25-ton GE, is OOS for a few weeks.

http://www.njmt.org/

http://njtwom.rrpicturearchives.net/sho ... id=5581819
  by David

Back!---Great time in my favorite state of New Jersey, however, Florida is fun to live in. Was able to take a ride on the Firework Special on Tony's special train on July 4th. Well run and very professionally administered. Sold out in 72 hours! Next year it will be bigger I have been told. ---I took several trips to AC via NJT from Atco. Full train and fast . Spent a day in Tuckahoe and watched the CMSL operations.. An independent company is clearing the ROW from Cape May to Woodbine, however no mention to the repairs needed on the line.---Traveled to Lakehurst and met Bracdude181. A very informative person. and I learned some things from him about the area. Nothing seems to have change there since I was there two years ago except the new footings for crossing signals and crossings for two tracks toward Woodmansie and a crossing for the Tom's River line.. --Explored the entire Grenloch Line, since My home town is Mount Ephraim. I wanted to see my old home. The line has been totally rebuilt for Amoroso Bakery and International Paper in Bellmawr. I will share several picture from there shortly. All in all, a good trip and will return via Amtrak at Christmas.