• Wellington Area Track Work

• Discussion relating to commuter rail, light rail, and subway operations of the MBTA.
Discussion relating to commuter rail, light rail, and subway operations of the MBTA.

Moderators: sery2831, CRail

by dieciduej

So they are now installing the 3rd rail on the NB to SB and SB to Yard trackage. Also they are replacing the trackage in the SB and NB Wellington Station pit area.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
  by digitalsciguy

Also want to express my thanks for these photos!

Glad to see they're taking every opportunity here to take advantage of a crappy situation and do a blitz through the whole area.
  by dieciduej

So its Tuesday March 30th and we have a NB view with the stub track being reinstalled. I wonder if they will every use it? And a view of the SB side with the TT to NB and NB to SB switches installed!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
  by MBTA3247

Are they going to reinstall the TT to NB switch on the north side of the station? They're doing themselves a disservice if they don't, as any train going between the yard and test track would have to foul the main for an extended time while it changes directions.
  by dieciduej

MBTA3247 wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 6:44 pm Are they going to reinstall the TT to NB switch on the north side of the station? They're doing themselves a disservice if they don't, as any train going between the yard and test track would have to foul the main for an extended time while it changes directions.
Funny you should mention that. That is where they ran new conduit for the 3rd rail wiring and a frame for a new junction box. Also they have finished the SB platform track sans the conductor rail.
  by dieciduej

MBTA3247 wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 6:44 pm Are they going to reinstall the TT to NB switch on the north side of the station?
Yes MBTA3247 they are! :P

Here are some pics of the switches going from the Test Track to the NB track. I am not sure why it wasn't installed at the beginning, other than time and get the main line back in service. Looks like pre-built switch panels, maybe they got them at Charles Ro Supply in Malden, buy local!
  by dieciduej

Here are some more photos of the north side of the Wellington interlocking. Also a picture of the SB platform area and if you zoom you can see some of the south side interlocking being worked on.

Here is a hope that the project will be done by 11th of April, because this shuttle bus operation with limits of 20 to 25 passengers on the contractor buses has added a 30 to 45 minutes to the commute which before, my T time was 40 to 45 minutes.