• CR on the Southern Secondary

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey

Moderator: David

by R&DB

I hope Brick Recycling is getting paid for the 'team tracks' since NJT doesn't want gondolas. (the reason Brick opened this location)
  by Coast Line Railfan

R&DB wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 12:39 pm I hope Brick Recycling is getting paid for the 'team tracks' since NJT doesn't want gondolas. (the reason Brick opened this location)
Well, it's not so much that they don't want gondolas at this point, but more so Brick opting to end service. I'd imagine both companies would be paying Brick, but who knows.
  by David

Hello--- A comment here--Please respect each and every contributor on here. I personally do not like the term "Armchair railroader". I am not too sure what that means, however I have an idea. First of all, if you object to a comment that really upsets you, contact me directly and then move on. I then would deal with it. So far, most have shown respect to others. Let's continue that. Secondly, this thread has had an abundance of great and very interesting information. I want to see that continued. Thank you--David
  by Coast Line Railfan

To be completely honest, I feel the term does apply here, given the events and rampid conspiracy theorizing that has taken place recently. Frankly, I've never seen a road utility pad be named an object of railroad infrastructure, just because it was near the railroad. I've never heard a nail salon or whatever be named a customer, just because it happened to be next to a railroad. Without applying logic and common sense to these ideas, it seems to grow out of control. That's not necessarily the definition of an armchair railroader, but it definitely fills a few check boxes.
  by David

Hello--To some, "Armchair railroader" is an insult. Now we do not want to insult people here--Thank you.
  by Bracdude181

Just curious, would Conrail bring Woodhavens cars today just to get them down here before the winter storm we are supposed to get tomorrow?
  by Coast Line Railfan

Bracdude181 wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 2:19 pm Just curious, would Conrail bring Woodhavens cars today just to get them down here before the winter storm we are supposed to get tomorrow?
This is not happening
  by R&DB

Tomorrow's storm is already here and will be mostly gone before the crew call for SA31 on Thursday. Besides I believe SA3! does the Freehold run on Wednesdays. As of this writing (2:49PM) there is over an inch of wet snow in my yard in Howell.
  by Coast Line Railfan

Today's crew is in Hightstown right now, thus why I said they wouldn't. Last I looked, Tomorrow is mostly rain.
  by Tanker1497

R&DB wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 12:39 pm I hope Brick Recycling is getting paid for the 'team tracks' since NJT doesn't want gondolas. (the reason Brick opened this location)
I copied this from Brick Recyling Home page. Looks like this was a plan all along?

"Brick Recycling offers logistics services via our rail-line access for your inbound and outbound transportation needs. Inquire within and ask us about our variety of shipping methods"
  by Bracdude181

@Tanker1497 Thanks for the info. It’s really nice to see Brick Recycling making use of their siding since they can’t get cars.

My friend went past Marjam today and didn’t see anything that got unloaded from the centerbeam at Brick Recycling. So either Marjam brought the sheet rock to someone or somewhere, or this car is for someone else. Either way, a new customer is a welcome surprise!
  by Bracdude181

Has anyone been out to the Southern since last nights storm? Any trees down on the tracks?
  by Bracdude181

Power change at browns. 5286 has been replaced by CSX 4421.

The current roster is:

NS 5285
CSX 4421
CSX 6160
  by Bracdude181

What’s going on with SA31? They got permission to open up 40 minutes ago but hey still haven’t set the switch in Red Bank.

Also, 6160 leading with 4421 trailing.
  by Bracdude181

Scratch that, it was permission to enter Church Running. A switch got frozen in South Amboy and transit had to remove the ice manually.

Permission to open up on Church Running 6:10