Discussion related to commuter rail and rapid transit operations in the Chicago area including the South Shore Line, Metra Rail, and Chicago Transit Authority.

Moderators: metraRI, JamesT4

by PRRGuy

I was out and about eafter work the other day at Pierogi Fest in whiting indiana. Mitch Markovitz from south shore poster fame was there and i struck up a conversation with him. He told me that the line car 1100 is still in the steel mill and will be moved to North Judson Indiana to the Hoosier Valley museum for some work to be done on it. I also believe that the south shore cars stored there are also owned by the same group. Anyways...he told me that a South Shore Heritage group is being formed and will have some kind of museum, "most likely in South Bend" he stated. Also, another bit of info was another "lost" south shore car. It's one of the 2 parlor cars that the CSS&SB owned and in later years were sold into canada, one has been turned into the residence and recently purchased by a private person and is being restored and will be on display with the other equipment.

by CSS&SB702

I thought the line car was going to the NYC museum in Elkhart?

by PRRGuy

I've also heard both places, perhaps it is going to elkhart for work to be done on it? I'm not very positive