• Boston Surface Railroad: Worcester-Providence Commuter Rail

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New England
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New England

Moderators: MEC407, NHN503

by MEC407

NRGeep wrote: Wed Jan 08, 2020 5:47 pm And the BS buses will be from where? Second hand school buses?
This photo from the Telegram & Gazette (October 29, 2019), shows an MCI 102DL3 that BS Railroad claims is the first of five buses; 102DL3s were manufactured between 1993 and 2001, so we can guesstimate that the bus is 19 to 27 years old:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
  by MaineCoonCat

2000.. So it's around 20 years old.
bsrc bus inspection.PNG
.......,,,, Click image to enlarge
https://www.quicktransportsolutions.com ... php?page=1
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by MaineCoonCat on Thu Jan 09, 2020 9:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
  by MEC407

GP40MC1118 wrote: Thu Jan 09, 2020 7:56 pm Destination unknown.
Mr. Bono's front yard? :P
  by BandA

If he is smart he would loan it to the P&W in exchange for a discount on overhaul service & storage, assuming he still plans to use his one locomotive.
  by MaineCoonCat

Perhaps they have been ordered to or voluntarily decided to liquidate?
The investment link is GONZO from their website..
BSRC invest 1.PNG
BSRC invest 2.PNG
Last edited by MaineCoonCat on Fri Jan 10, 2020 6:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
  by MaineCoonCat

In addition, the "buy bonds" link is DEFUNCT..
BSRC invest 4.PNG
BSRC invest 3.PNG
Hmmmmmmm...
  by NHN503

MACTRAXX wrote: Sat Nov 02, 2019 1:15 pm M: The pictured bus has New Hampshire Commercial plate AF9615...GM had this right.
New Hampshire Apportioned plates are in a 2AP123 format...
As a license plate buff making this ID was relatively easy...MACTRAXX
Incorrect.

NH apportioned plates start or end with AP, AF or AR (if not vanity), plus up to 6 digits and Apportioned on the top or bottom of the plate. NH commercial plates, which are rare, start with the identifier COMM or COMM SPEC, and then are 3-6 digits.

Deal with the plates daily in my profession.
  by Lentinula

NH 2027 is sitting in all its glory in the P&W yard in Worcester, i saw it as part of a pretty large consist near the main maintenance building this morning.
  by MaineCoonCat

I contacted them via their Facebook page and inquired the status of the institution of the buses.. I was told; "We are waiting on approval of our operating plan by the court. Maybe 30 days or so if all goes well.".
BSRC Bus response 01152020.PNG
Ummm Hmmmm....
  by MaineCoonCat

If you're waitin' for th' bus on a chilly February morning, you're gonna be late! Case continued to 2 March.
BSRC Response 01232020.PNG
  by MEC407

"...no service shall being before at least then..." — I'm not sure what language that is, but it ain't English.