• NYA has record carload week

• Discussion related to NYAR operations on Long Island. Official web site can be found here: www.anacostia.com/nyar/nyar.html. Also includes discussion related to NYNJ Rail, the carfloat operation successor to New York Cross Harbor that connects with NYAR.
Discussion related to NYAR operations on Long Island. Official web site can be found here: www.anacostia.com/nyar/nyar.html. Also includes discussion related to NYNJ Rail, the carfloat operation successor to New York Cross Harbor that connects with NYAR.
  by freightguy

The NYA had a record week this past one with the number of carloads. Everyday since last Thurs(5/27) over 100 carloads have come in each day on just CSX alone. This is in part because CSX is finally beginning to clean up the mess in Selkirk. This doesn't include the cars interchanged with CP, NS, or P&W. Hopefully this heathly trend will continue, the RS-301 is kicking ass and taking names and somedays just having their ass kicked! :wink:

by tushykushy

Not sure if this pertains to this but... last week or the week before that, I noticed Coastal's hanger was completely clogged with junk. I've never seen that place so backed up with stuff before and yet... there weren't any cars in there. Now I know the CDEX cars go to CSX, so was their car load directly affected by this?

Knowing Coastal, I thought they are very firm when it comes to wanting what they want when they want it.

by Scrap em Again

They can want all they want, If navy & yellow (CSX) dont deliver they, are screwed just like everyone else, hence the big trash pile in the building.

by Legio X

Are there any estimates of how many cars NYA will move this year? What is NYA's record year thus far since 1997?

by phantom

Thanks for the encouragement Greg; it hasn't been easy! Every morning this week I was confronted with a new "chess move!" I kept hearing "check" but so far no "mate!" For example, just when I thought it couldn't get any worse, I found the empty Tilcon on top of Friday"s CP!
I was asked by my brakeman if we should just go home! But the "Fighting 301st" of the "RE-Action Road" pulled us out of another!
  by mutz155

AND HOW MUCH WILL YOUR PROFIT SHARING CHECK WILL BE THIS YEAR? OR WILL IT GO TO INFRASTRUCTURE (BRUCE'S THAT IS)? THE ONE AND ONLY....

by The Workers

C'mon MUTZ, some of the money will go to "infrastructure" for sure - they got some green paint for the 271, right? I suspect that what ever is left over may find it's way into one of B.L.'s off shore accounts.