• Bay Colony Millis Line

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New England
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New England

Moderators: MEC407, NHN503

by connor4521

Yes it is
  by connor4521

Was driving on Dover Rd and I thought I’d check out 1701. Someone left the engine room door open (not me) so here’s some pictures inside:

https://imgur.com/a/wU8ftkQ
  by Backshophoss

Vandals looking for easy copper wire to sell as "scrap". time to move 1701 elsewhere NOW!
  by John Smythe

Railfans must be extra careful not to go inside #1701 for photos as like was stated above, should metals theft take place their fingerprints will put them suspect.
  by connor4521

That was my first ever time climbing onto the engine. Door was wide open when I arrived so I did shut it to prevent attention being drawn.
  by Baycolony1705

connor4521 wrote: Sat Sep 14, 2019 11:19 am Construction (excavator?) stationed outside the old train station. This line has definitely seen better days.

https://imgur.com/a/xxeyYTp
Uh oh, excavator next to a near abandoned line, I hope no rail trail is coming
  by connor4521

Yeah. Nothing good can come from that.
Last edited by John_Perkowski on Sat Sep 21, 2019 12:39 pm, edited 1 time in total. Reason: Edited by an admin.
  by Cosmo

Well, good news for the rails,
the excavator has moved off the ROW.
BAD news for the old restaurant further down the end of the line.
Oh well, shame to see that go.

The station itself is safe, of course, but I noticed the Montessori School that used to be there has apparently moved on.
  by Baycolony1705

Besides the move in February, has BCLR done anything on the Millis Line this year? It’s not looking good for them
  by MaineCoonCat

This doesn't bode well..
bclr web page.PNG
https://www.baycolonyrailroad.com/indus ... evelopment
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
  by MaineCoonCat

Realistically, what would be the chances of BCLR restoring service to 1073 Main Street if that property ever did find a buyer?
GAF Bay Colony Site1.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
  by craven

Back on July 01,2019, Conner4521 noted that the "warehouse was bought and is being renovated by the marijuana dispensary CommCan"

The warehouse hasn't been used since GAF stopped production at their Millis plant 10+ years ago. Some small businesses rented office space but that was about it.

After the Marijuana dispensary craze is over, it will be vacant once again.
  by connor4521

Connor* and yes it was bought by the dispensary and they do not plan on using the railroad. From what i’ve heard it’s been completely remodeled and should be opening within a few months.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  by MaineCoonCat

I'd forgotten about that! Interestingly, when you Google the address, there's no mention that it is occupied.