• Ashton Valve Company

• General discussion about locomotives, rolling stock, and equipment
General discussion about locomotives, rolling stock, and equipment

Moderator: John_Perkowski

by Rick A

My ancestor Henry G Ashton started the Ashton Valve Co in 1871. The company lasted about 100 years and manufactured parts for locomotive, stationary, and marine boilers. and many Railroad related items. Here's a brief history of the company and a few of their old advertisements. Enjoy.
And drop me note if you have any information or stories about the company.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
  by Rick A

A page from the 1920 (?) catalog

IMG_20180729_162347.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
  by Rick A

And another:
  by CLamb

You might already know this but a search of archive.org turns up 357 results.
  by Rick A

Thanks CLamb. I just spent a quick 30 minutes checking the site out. Really good. Even better than the Google Books where I find most of my material. I can see myself logging in some serious hours.
  by Rick A

A couple of items from my collection.
  by Rick A

Here is Railroad related item the company produced.
  by Rick A

The protected gauge had a very practical application.
  by Rick A

The Y shaped ring protected the gauge from being damaged by shifting freight in the car.
  by Rick A

Here are a few of the patents the company had.
  by Rick A

Gauges were made to last and for most of the Ashton gauges and valves, repalcement parts could be purchased. Here are a few pages of replacement items.
  by Rick A

Testing gauges was very important for any engineer dealing with boilers. Here are a couple of devices meant to test the accuracy of a gauge.
  by Rick A

The dead weight tester was probably the most popular one they offered. They are still in use today.
  by Rick A

Another style of popular and very portable gauge tester.
  by Rick A

I'm posting information and pictures of a few of the important people in the company.
Henry Ashton the founder
Albert C Ashton...his son