• Portsmouth Branch Activity

• Guilford Rail System changed its name to Pan Am Railways in 2006. Discussion relating to the current operations of the Boston & Maine, the Maine Central, and the Springfield Terminal railroads (as well as the Delaware & Hudson while it was under Guilford control until 1988). Official site can be found here: PANAMRAILWAYS.COM.
Guilford Rail System changed its name to Pan Am Railways in 2006. Discussion relating to the current operations of the Boston & Maine, the Maine Central, and the Springfield Terminal railroads (as well as the Delaware & Hudson while it was under Guilford control until 1988). Official site can be found here: PANAMRAILWAYS.COM.

Moderator: MEC407

by Dick H

Reported yesterday on the Guilford Sightings Group that at 1610 hours,'
the loco 310 was at Rockingham Jct. with the CSX "safety train" going
to Portsmouth. No confirmation that I have seen that it made it there.
  by arthur d.

The Firefighters Education and Training Foundation safety train, reporting mark MCVX, engine 310 long hood first presiding, is indeed on the ladder track in Portsmouth yard. 2 boxcars, 1 flat with machinery, and 3 tank cars of 2 different sizes.
  by Jonathan603

Here is was on Saturday night. It was still there last night too as you mentioned.
IMG_1778.jpg
IMG_1774.jpg
IMG_1770.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
  by Allouette

Track work going on mid-day 8/2 at the route 33 crossing near the Portsmouth-Greenland line.
  by Hux

Hopefully they plan on working their way east on the branch. Crossed over on I-95 South and noticed a shimmy in both rails, about 100 yards west of the highway.
Last edited by MEC407 on Mon Aug 05, 2019 5:38 pm, edited 1 time in total. Reason: unnecessary quoting
  by Jonathan603

They were working between Great bay road and Bayside at lunch time.
  by newpylong

I love the pictures. "I think they're tracks in here somewhere..."
  by artman

Nice to see Portsmouth Yard getting some love!
Last edited by MEC407 on Mon Sep 16, 2019 5:38 pm, edited 1 time in total. Reason: unnecessary quoting
  by BM6569

How much of the yard is getting rebuilt? Looks like a shell of it's former self. How many tracks were there back in the day?
  by arthur d.

Feh. More carpet bagger nimbys. Should be more concerned with the Brewster street crack heads.
On a side note, the trackies were in the yard on Sunday afternoon doing something. No time to stop, they could have been building a track panel, rebuilding a switch, or just having a picnic.
  by NHV 669

"They should park the [locomotives] in true industrial areas, away from densely populated areas."

You mean like a rail yard, that developers CHOSE to build homes around? The dog bites it's own tail again....