• Partial Bridge Collapse at Little Ferry?

• Discussion related to New York, Susquehanna & Western operations past and present. Also includes some discussion related to Deleware Otsego owned and operated shortlines. Official web site can be found here: NYSW.COM.
Discussion related to New York, Susquehanna & Western operations past and present. Also includes some discussion related to Deleware Otsego owned and operated shortlines. Official web site can be found here: NYSW.COM.

Moderators: GOLDEN-ARM, NJ Vike

by pumpers

Any projected dates on when the Overpeck Ck. bridge is supposed to be back in service?

THanks in advance
  by ccutler

Both bridges are back in service and service appears to be fully restored, as of a few weeks ago I believe.
  by pumpers

ccutler wrote:Both bridges are back in service and service appears to be fully restored, as of a few weeks ago I believe.
Happy to hear it. Hope they get a break fora a while from that string of bad luck last year .
I'll assume the traffic patterns of SU 99/100 going from and to MC yard in the Ridgefield Park area are back to normal.
  by GOLDEN-ARM

we used passaic jct and ran to croxton when we had problems back in 86-87. we would pull out onto the el/njt and run around the train, or shove out and drag to croxton. if those connections are still intact, you can still make that move. fwiw, we did have a pile driver putting piles in, back in that same timeframe. one of the engineers ran the pile driver (rittenour/writtenour-spelling?) that drove a large number of piles on the east side of the span. the span was immovable when i worked there, as was the conrail bridge. the drawbridge stuff was still there, but the spans were locked/welded in place, and the rails were no longer movable. the "cp-5 crew" should have pics of the work being done. (rcb and cpt sealand, you guys out there?)