• Conway Scenic Railroad (CSRX) discussion thread

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New England
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New England

Moderators: MEC407, NHN503

by Calebharris39

Poor things all cold =P
  by Jonathan

Do you guys think that 7470 is going to power all valley trains to Conway and Bartlett or to Conway only?
  by NHV 669

It has to return to service first, which will at least be a likely occurence sometime this spring. Millie is making all weekday runs through the end of May, from what I recall looking at the schedule.
  by b&m 1566

The Conway Scenic hasn't given an updated on the 7470 in a long time and the contractor Maine Locomotive & Machine Works, hasn't updated their progress on it since January 11th. Is ML&MW working on it weekly?
  by John Smythe

b&m 1566 wrote:They don't have any events posted yet, I'm sure that will change soon. One thing that appears to be removed is Thomas the Tank event, there's no break in the notch train schedule or the Conway bound departures. Both of those departures were removed from the schedule to make room for Thomas the Tank. Trains instead went to Glen and return or Bartlett and return.
No more " Thomas The Tank Engine " because of falling patronage numbers. With Edaville Railroad drawing large amounts of riders for their Thomas Theme Park & other railroads with Thomas events I'd say too much competition did it in.
  by NHV 669

Straight from the mouth of the horse itself today:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
  by gokeefe

Astonishing. Thanks very much for sharing. Very happy for a successful acquisition of #501 by CSRX.
  by kilroy

If you have a million or two to throw at the project, I'm sure that would sped things up.
  by Calebharris39

Can anyone tell me why the gertrude emma and kitchen car on the valley train are different colors compared to the other b&m color scheme on the valley coaches ?
  by p42thedowneaster

When the railroad restored Gertrude Emma they chose to use the car's original PRR paint scheme, the Pennsylvania Limited. In doing so, the colors help designate first class/dining from coach class.

The red cars on CSRR are not actually painted in B&M (sadly). The paint scheme is quite similar to GM&O.

Personally I wish they would just paint everything in notch colors. For half the season the cars are mixed and matched and people still find their way to first class or coach.
  by Calebharris39

Ah that makes more sense. Im colorblind to the tones of red so it seemed more like the early 1900s b&m red to me! I agree if the trainsets were all the same livery it would make it so much more streamlined and easily eye appealing to interchange in the busy season
  by Calebharris39

Also is there a reason why they would be specifically painting hurricane mtn to notch colors ?