• Final Customers - Boston Area

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New England
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New England

Moderators: MEC407, NHN503

by BostonUrbEx

6-8 weeks is the outage timeline. So I'd expect 10-12 weeks! ;)
  by GP40MC1118

Right. No work done May 12-13 weekend, so add one week!

And I know BNSF and UP are private companies, but this project would have taken one or weekends if
they did it.

D
  by ANRP2

Perhaps a study will speed things up.
  by Area4

This is the scene on the Grand Junction by Fort Washington Park. Seems the tracks are up for a 'storm water improvement project'. The fenced off pic is the Grand Junction!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
  by Area4

Seems both sections worked on in Cambridge are done and they are track aligning :)
  by Area4

The farm yard at Houghton Chemical is now being torn up. Rails are up aside from those going to Houghton. There's no tank cars there so guess the contract is now up for B721 and one less final customer in Boston. Of note, B721 had 20 gondolas or more on Sunday.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
  by GP40MC1118

One more car for Houghton, then that's it. May have been spotted yesterday or Tuesday. TILX tank car.

D
  by b&m 1566

Is Houghton Chemical moving to a new location, or going out of business?
  by Area4

b&m 1566 wrote:Is Houghton Chemical moving to a new location, or going out of business?
No, staying there as much as I know but the yard os going to Harvard and the contract with CSX is up, I think it was all part of a deal with recompense to Houghton so Harvard could develop and the Pike be straightened.

Spotted the last delivery and another big B721 tonight:
  by Area4

B721 left several gondolas too on track to Houghton. For dirt pick up?
  by GP40MC1118

Probably excess empties for Everett. They have been bringing in a ton of cars lately - 20 empties last
Sunday...another 20 today.

These could be for scrap rail though.

D
  by Area4

Noticed the single tank car is gone from Houghton so that's the last delivery?
  by GP40MC1118

Yep, that was it. A friend says the track leading to it has already been torn up.

D
  by Area4

Indeed the tracks are gone, so quick.
GP40MC1118 wrote:Yep, that was it. A friend says the track leading to it has already been torn up.

D
  by newpylong

There is some grumbling that CSXT is going to finally be giving what's left of their Boston area traffic to Pan Am.