• New Power in Southern Brooklyn

• Discussion related to NYAR operations on Long Island. Official web site can be found here: www.anacostia.com/nyar/nyar.html. Also includes discussion related to NYNJ Rail, the carfloat operation successor to New York Cross Harbor that connects with NYAR.
Discussion related to NYAR operations on Long Island. Official web site can be found here: www.anacostia.com/nyar/nyar.html. Also includes discussion related to NYNJ Rail, the carfloat operation successor to New York Cross Harbor that connects with NYAR.
  by jtunnel

There is a new KLW unit in Brooklyn at NYNJR 65th Street Yard,

I just spotted it today, it came in either this past Friday or Saturday.

http://jtunnel.rrpicturearchives.net/ed ... id=5013000" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

It is KLWX 253. This appears to be a former LRSX Unit ( A Morris Knudsen rebuild, TE-47-4E) formally owned by MRS 208 (an ALCo S2)

Unknown if it a KLW lease or another KLW rebuild/remotor out for a trial.
  by ConstanceR46

The fact that this unit is part alco is sort of ironic
  by rb

I too picked up on the irony.

EMD power in that thing? It's LOUD.
  by ConstanceR46

I think it's EMD, however complicating things is the fact that the other TE-47-4E is powered by a Sulzer engine
  by Ðauntless

"New" engine has a 12-567C.

This is the only TE-47-4E built. The Sulzer powered engines were SP's TE-70-4S's.
  by ConstanceR46

I'll have to disagree there, as there was a GP9 rebuilt with a Sulzer engine by M-K
  by Ðauntless

Correct. Forgot about that. Morristown & Erie has it now.
  by Backshophoss

Is this a loner unit for warranty work? Or a "rent a wreck"???