• PAR Business Train (ST 100, 101, 102 & 103; PAR 1 & 2)

• Guilford Rail System changed its name to Pan Am Railways in 2006. Discussion relating to the current operations of the Boston & Maine, the Maine Central, and the Springfield Terminal railroads (as well as the Delaware & Hudson while it was under Guilford control until 1988). Official site can be found here: PANAMRAILWAYS.COM.
Guilford Rail System changed its name to Pan Am Railways in 2006. Discussion relating to the current operations of the Boston & Maine, the Maine Central, and the Springfield Terminal railroads (as well as the Delaware & Hudson while it was under Guilford control until 1988). Official site can be found here: PANAMRAILWAYS.COM.

Moderator: MEC407

by PT1101

As of 1800 hours yesterday, PAR 1 & 2 with 3 ST passenger cars was parked facing west at Rigby Yard. It was still there at 0145 this morning. No idea where it's headed, or when it's scheduled to depart.
  by johnpbarlow

Apparently OCS traveled to Mechanicville on Thursday 5/17/18 and returned to E Deerfield by sundown. Anybody know the OCS mission?
  by atsf sp

Its probably more to showcase their new power and showing the future of the railroad to investors.
  by MEC407

"Check it out! This 30 year old locomotive is replacing a 50 year old locomotive!" Yeah, that'll wow 'em. :wink:
  by BostonUrbEx

MEC407 wrote:"Check it out! This 30 year old locomotive is replacing a 50 year old locomotive!" Yeah, that'll wow 'em. :wink:
I honestly doubt any of the shippers and politicians and whoever else rides these OCS runs would even know. If I didn't know Pan Am nor where these engines came from and you told me they were new, I'd probably believe it. There's shiny new paint and they even have LED headlights.
  by Dick H

The monthly loco report on Guilford Rail Sightings Group reports
that PAR#1 and PAR #2 are "stored serviceable" as of 5/31 at Waterville.