• New Hampshire Central Railroad (NHCR) Discussion

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New England
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New England

Moderators: MEC407, NHN503

by highrail

That would be great to see! Photo taken on Wednesday...think it might make it to Groveton by Friday (tomorrow)? Are there any other message boards that might give a heads up on this? Thanks

Steve
  by NHV 669

Car number is QTTX 130602, no current location confirmed, although best guess is a possible drop in Danville today, possibly on the next 393 (tonight?).
  by NHV 669

waiting to go in Groveton, as of 13:30 today.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
  by bigfreight

NHCR 7324 came south thru Lancaster at 1100AM with the transformer.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
  by b&m 1566

I don't think there's any place near the center of town to off load the transformer except at Hazen's. Going all the way to the center of town would require brush cutting and track rehab.
  by newpylong

Shouldn't have to CSRR went right to the diamond on the B&M side last year didn't they.
  by NHV 669

Considered this myself several ways. Downtown is likely out, I don't think that track is anywhere near heavy enough to support that kind of load, and the dirt pulloff area where CSRX stopped past the diamond isn't really big enough to stage the equipment needed to get that thing over the road. Not to mention steep grades leaving both ways out of town on Route 3.