• CMQ SLR Detour Trains

• Discussion of present-day CM&Q operations, as well as discussion of predecessors Montreal, Maine & Atlantic Railway (MMA) and Bangor & Aroostook Railroad (BAR).
Discussion of present-day CM&Q operations, as well as discussion of predecessors Montreal, Maine & Atlantic Railway (MMA) and Bangor & Aroostook Railroad (BAR).

Moderator: MEC407

by fogg1703

Curious if a CMQ crew or a pilot is required for the detoured SLR trains over CMQ territory? How does SLR compensate CMQ, per car?
  by 690

CMQ and CP crews are being used when the trains operate over those respective railroads, to answer your first question.
  by fogg1703

Thanks 690. Given that this appears to be a long term issue with the bridge being out, I wonder if CMQ will need to hire additional crews or adjust the timing of Trains 1 and 2 so as the two round trips/day can be accommodated with existing crews.
Last edited by MEC407 on Sat Feb 03, 2018 10:31 am, edited 1 time in total. Reason: unnecessary quoting
  by CPF363

Could the SLR consider making this routing via the CMQ permanent?
  by trainiac

In theory they could, but it would be extremely inconvenient locally. People around Sherbrooke want the bridge rebuilt.
Last edited by MEC407 on Fri Feb 09, 2018 1:38 pm, edited 1 time in total. Reason: unnecessary quoting
  by trainsinmaine

I guess I'm out of the loop. What bridge is out?
  by MEC407

The Saint-François River bridge in Brompton.

More info in the SLR/SLQ forum: http://www.railroad.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=192&t=59429&start=1335#p1456869