• Tracks being rebuilt to ex-MEC Rockland, ME station

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New England
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New England

Moderators: MEC407, NHN503

by Rockingham Racer

Sounds like an interesting trip. Does anyone know of any marketing of this experience? Brochures in Portland hotels, etc.?

by Rockingham Racer

Sorry for the double post.

by mb41

I was in the information building on Sunday (Freeport,ME) and saw nothing on the train. Hope they advertise some. I am really liking the train activity in Maine,

Kennebunkport (Seashore Trolley Museum)
Portland (Maine Narrow Gauge)
Brunswick (Maine Central RR)
Booth Bay (Booth Bay RR Village)

by jcpatten

mb41 wrote:I am really liking the train activity in Maine,

Kennebunkport (Seashore Trolley Museum)
Portland (Maine Narrow Gauge)
Brunswick (Maine Central RR)
Booth Bay (Booth Bay RR Village)
Don't forget the WW&F in Alna (just north of Wiscasset).

There's also the Sandy River, in Phillips, waaayy northwest of Augusta.

by mb41

Cool :) and of course how could I forget the one I take often the Amtrak Down Easter.

by scoopernicus_in_Maine

What ever became of the plan to extand Amtrak to Brunswick (or Lewiston for that matter) It would be good to have a continuous train ride from Boston (and Portland) to the Eastern Maine RR.

by mb41

I am not sure what is going on with the extension talks.

I posted that same question in the amtrak thread and got torn to shreads by the moderator who was offended by my statement at the bottom about seashore, what a nut case.

by mc367

Have they completed those crossings on the new track out to the station? There is three of them right?

thanks
-Justin

by wolfmom69

"word" is,at least in the newspaper article(s),that AHDs will be installed on ALL 3 crossings,maybe gates,in the Fall. Sorry,but what a helluva waste of money!!

Why the crew,can't flag the crossings,as they will do this summer is beyond me,but probably has something to do with "lawyers and liability".
Considering the number of "movements",and 5 mph speed,it is beyond me,considering that the sreets are very low volume in traffic!

Bud :(