Discussion about Florida passenger rail operations including proposals. Official web-sites:
Miami/Dade Metrorail, Sunrail (Orlando), and Tri-County Commuter Rail Authority
For Virgin Rail/Brightline: Virgin Trains Worldwide (includes Brightline)

Moderator: Kurt-Trirail

by tommyboy6181

The Hitachi cars are officially testing on the mainline tracks now. Miami-Dade County posted a video to the first test.
https://www.facebook.com/pg/GoMiamiDade/videos/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
  by CentralValleyRail

What's interesting is they also posted a video on May 16th as well as the October 19th video, so it seems like they must be getting close to an in service date.

It is MUCH NEEDED!
  by Noel Weaver

I rode Metro-Rail a couple of weeks ago and i agree that the cars are getting somewhat shabby BUT the ride was comfortable, the cars rode well, the AC was working fine in both directions. I would bet a little more TLC would go a long way in the life of these cars. A good rebuilding would go a long way for the riders of this line, I have my doubts that the cars really need to be replaced at this point. OH WELL, my opinion means absolutely nothing to them anyway.
Noel Weaver
  by fredme

Do you mean that it's only on Florida at the moment?
  by SD70ACe-T4

tommyboy6181 wrote:The Hitachi cars are officially testing on the mainline tracks now. Miami-Dade County posted a video to the first test.
https://www.facebook.com/pg/GoMiamiDade/videos/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
ITS FINALLY COMING TRUE!
  by dowlingm

Hitachi Rail Italy = the artist formerly known as Ansaldo Breda, no? Hopefully the manufacturing/QA philosophy is a bit more Japanese these days.
  by hephaestus

311-312 were delivered this week.
Did Baltimore piggyback from the Miami contract?
  by R36 Combine Coach

hephaestus wrote:Did Baltimore piggyback from the Miami contract?
Baltimore Metro will have new cars as well, just like the two agencies did back in 1983-84 from Budd/TransitAmerica. Ironically I first thought the Budd cars were by Breda (given their similarity with LA Metro).