Discussion of the past and present operations of the Long Island Rail Road.

Moderator: Liquidcamphor

by Train2009

Last Saturday 7/15 #157 was the Jamaica protect, at 9:58 AM RF1 with #164 and #161 went by eastbound from Holban yard with 2 loaded tie cars as seen in Queens Village that morning. #161 and #164 came back westbound past the station at 1:06 PM/1:07 PM, at 1:30 PM a CE move with #167 was seen running light eastbound from Morris Park.
  by Train2009

Last Saturday 8/12 this is what I caught:

#168 was the Jamaica Protect
#161 and #160 were on RF1 as seen in Queens Village that morning at 10:50 AM with a train of open gondolas featuring a excavator. That stuff got dropped off at Belmont Park yard, at 11:54/11:55 AM it went westbound light out of Belmont Park.

Today 8/19
#160 was the Jamaica Protect
#164 and #152 were seen on RF1 this morning as it went by New Hyde Park at 11:17 AM westbound with open gondola cars bound for Garden City. I caught up with RF1 down the road at Stewart Manor as it went by at 11:39/11:40 AM to Garden City as I mentioned.
  by LINYARailfan

Train2009 wrote:Last Saturday 8/12 this is what I caught:

#168 was the Jamaica Protect
#161 and #160 were on RF1 as seen in Queens Village that morning at 10:50 AM with a train of open gondolas featuring a excavator. That stuff got dropped off at Belmont Park yard, at 11:54/11:55 AM it went westbound light out of Belmont Park.

Today 8/19
#160 was the Jamaica Protect
#164 and #152 were seen on RF1 this morning as it went by New Hyde Park at 11:17 AM westbound with open gondola cars bound for Garden City. I caught up with RF1 down the road at Stewart Manor as it went by at 11:39/11:40 AM to Garden City as I mentioned.
Correct me if I'm wrong but I believe that the crew with 152 and 164 that came out to Garden City today was the RF2 not the RF1. They pulled in with one set of open end gondolas at around 12:02pm at the Clinton Road station on the Garden City secondary. They shoved the first set of open end gondolas down the secondary past Quentin Roosevelt Blvd and came back with a second set of open end gondolas at 12:54pm. They headed west out of Garden City around 4:30pm.
  by Train2009

#172 was the Jamaica protect the other day Friday 9/1, #161 was seen going by Queens Village light at 10:55 AM that morning bound for Garden City on RF1. #161 came back westbound at 1:37/1:38 PM in the afternoon following Hempstead Branch train #753 with open gondolas cars featuring a excavator on the east end of the work train. After a 9 minute wait at Queens Village it went to Belmont Park at 1:48 PM to dropped off the stuff at the yard, #161 came back light at 2:24 PM then 2 mins later it went eastbound to Atlantic Pipe.
  by tj48

Late last night caught 3 MP-15's (2 up front, 1 behind) slowly hauling a long welded rail train up the grade between Wyandanch and Deer Park.
  by tj48

Same train heading back down the grade towards Wyandanch this time being very slowly pushed by 2 MP15's very early Sunday morning.
  by AlKaLI

#154 was the Jamaica Protect on 9-8-17 afternoon and this morning. While at first this may seem nothing special, 154 has been repainted. It is fresh blue and black with bright yellow ends. Don't know how long it will last (previous posts had mentioned Sears Roebuck house paint?) but it looks good.
  by cr9617

by Backshophoss

Hopefully they took the time to scrap off some of the paint layers slapped on in the past few decades,
or figure on it to start peeling in a year or 2. :P
  by DogBert

MTA showing that they really have no taste anymore...
  by Teutobergerwald

The blue & white as delivered livery was the best look the MP-15ac's have had.
  by R36 Combine Coach

Probably keeping in the custom of NY State blue/gold as with other agencies.
  by LINYARailfan

Today 9/23 the 158 and 167 were seen heading west from the Garden City Secondary with an empty welded rail train bound for Fresh Pond. They went by the former Clinton Road Station around 2:30PM and Nassau Blvd on the Hempstead Branch a little before 3PM.
  by Backshophoss

The Blue/Yellow(Gold) paint scheme is sometimes refered to as the "Empire Scheme",first applied to some of the PC FL-9's,
and used on some of the LIRR Locos as well,normally done as a blue body with Yellow(Gold) ends.
  by ConstanceR46

DogBert wrote:MTA showing that they really have no taste anymore...

That boat's sailed... er that train's left the station for a while