• Adios 615 & 622

• Discussion relating to Southeastern Pennsylvania Transportation Authority (Philadelphia Metro Area). Official web site can be found here: www.septa.com. Also including discussion related to the PATCO Speedline rapid transit operated by Delaware River Port Authority. Official web site can be found here: http://www.ridepatco.org/.
Discussion relating to Southeastern Pennsylvania Transportation Authority (Philadelphia Metro Area). Official web site can be found here: www.septa.com. Also including discussion related to the PATCO Speedline rapid transit operated by Delaware River Port Authority. Official web site can be found here: http://www.ridepatco.org/.

Moderator: AlexC

by ex Budd man

The gel trains are currently running every evening except Saturday. They will probably run through November or until most leaves have fallen.
  by ex Budd man

jackintosh11 wrote:Are there any pictures?
Of?
  by CNJGeep

Posted on another board, Comet I 605 was in gel train service past Jenkintown with the 61 trailing.
  by zebrasepta

I heard it was running on 10/26 from someone on YouTube who films SEPTA trains
  by South Jersey Budd

Both units are lettered VGNX and are on a track behind the shop.
  by scotty269

EASTERN VIRGINIA RAILROAD HISTORICAL SOCIETY
  by glennk419

scotty269 wrote:EASTERN VIRGINIA RAILROAD HISTORICAL SOCIETY
Any idea if they're being preserved or are destined to be parts donors? I know that both are missing their prime movers but could potentially be returned to cab car service.
  by NorthPennLimited

Seems odd a Virginia RR historical society would buy rusted out shells of an ex B&O and ex SP&S locomotive for preservation.
  by ConstanceR46

Thank god for the lease on life. I hope they find a way back to LI. We don't have any powerpacks preserved.
  by NorthPennLimited

As of PM rush hour tonight, they are still sitting in the back of Wayne Junction shop.
  by NorthPennLimited

They have been gone from Wayne Junction for a week.

Did they begin their journey south?
  by CNJGeep

NorthPennLimited wrote:They have been gone from Wayne Junction for a week.

Did they begin their journey south?
Yes...to the Centennial Track at Roberts Yard, where they will be cut up. The sale fell through. I have no further info.