• very, very unusual private vanish move today - NE Maryland

• Discussion of the operations of CSX Transportation, from 1980 to the present. Official site can be found here: CSXT.COM.
Discussion of the operations of CSX Transportation, from 1980 to the present. Official site can be found here: CSXT.COM.

Moderator: MBTA F40PH-2C 1050

by dt_rt40

I was so angry I wasn't able to get a better capture. I saw the train out of the corner of my eye when on the Hatem Bridge, entering Cecil County. I rushed to the next road crossing, but for some reason my phone acted like it had started video recording but hadn't. So i missed it other than this distant photo, which is a tight crop. It was at least 8 cars, all blue, very uniform style and well maintained. Surely CSX doesn't have a corporate train this long? I thought of trying to get to Newark, DE, to catch it, but was worried I would miss it due to traffic.
I've never seen PV on the B&O line between Baltimore and Newark...much less such a long and impressive train. They were not the style of the "American Orient Express" so I ruled that out.
Any ideas?
  by Backshophoss

It had to be a Biz train you saw,the CSX Exec fleet cars have a "secure" yard in Jacksonville Fl near the Corp HQ.
CSX Keeps 2 ex-Amtrak F-40ph's and a former MARC/MBTA unit to power the Biz train and Track geometry train.
Wonder if EHH was out checking "his" RR.
  by J.D. Lang

Someone on the CSX-Boston Line yahoo group said that the OCS train was headed to the B&A. If true this could be interesting.
J.L.
  by mmi16

Backshophoss wrote:It had to be a Biz train you saw,the CSX Exec fleet cars have a "secure" yard in Jacksonville Fl near the Corp HQ.
CSX Keeps 2 ex-Amtrak F-40ph's and a former MARC/MBTA unit to power the Biz train and Track geometry train.
Wonder if EHH was out checking "his" RR.
CSX has approximately 15 cars in the executive fleet, each having it's own purpose and they get assembled depending upon the needs for a particular trip.

They have 4 F40PH's, 2 they got from Amtrak (9998-9999) and 2 they got from the Ohio Central (9992-9993). The former MARC/MBTA unit is assigned to a Track Geometry train.

The Office Car yard is on the site of the former SAL West Jacksonville Shops and is adjacent to the K C Dufford Dispatching Center where all the system Train Dispatchers will be headquartered again in the near future.
  by freightguy

Is the Boston and Albany on the chopping block by CSX? Crazy to think Conrail ran a good amount of trains into New England on there well into the 1990's.
  by mmi16

freightguy wrote:Is the Boston and Albany on the chopping block by CSX? Crazy to think Conrail ran a good amount of trains into New England on there well into the 1990's.
With EHH I suspect the entire CSX property is on the block for the right price.