• Credit Report and RR Employment

• General discussion about working in the railroad industry. Industry employers are welcome to post openings here.
General discussion about working in the railroad industry. Industry employers are welcome to post openings here.

Moderator: thebigc

by DGraham38

Anyone know how the credit report affects your hiring process?
  by Acela150

Why would your credit report effect your chance at employment with any RR??
  by Jim1348

Since you posted it worded the way you did, I assume that means that they are pulling a credit report. If, in fact, that is true. They probably do it the same reason other employers do it. Specifically, if several candidates were otherwise well qualified for a position, the one with a great credit report will likely be selected over others with poor credit reports. I think the prevailing thought is that if they are capable of handle financial matters they might be a good employee.
Last edited by Jim1348 on Tue May 16, 2017 9:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
  by Acela150

In thinking about it.. I know that RR's will use the Fair Credit Reporting Act. Which how the RR's use it isn't related to your Credit Report. They'll use it to confirm employment. Or at least that's how the NS cop doing my background check explained it to me.. Cause trust me, if they were using my Credit Report to decide if they should hire me or not.. I would have never worked at NS.. Mine is pretty shotty..
  by DGraham38

Great information guys thank you I'm waiting on a training date right now and was nervous about the credit report
  by Acela150

Trust me.. My credit report is trash thanks to some things that happened in my life a few years ago. I still got hired.