• Uniq. Eqpmt Sightings: Private Varnish (PV's), Charters, etc

• Discussion related to Amtrak also known as the National Railroad Passenger Corp.
Discussion related to Amtrak also known as the National Railroad Passenger Corp.

Moderators: GirlOnTheTrain, mtuandrew, Tadman

by John_Perkowski

Friendly Admin Note:

Mr Deasy owns PV, and is aware of PV movements. When he posts, it's because he's working a network of known players.

Others: If you don't see it, don't repost someone else's report.

Thanks.
  by jhdeasy

PV photo opportunity ... MOUNT VERNON on train 69 (09) from NYP to MTR, and on train 68 (12) from MTR to NYP. If you are somewhere along NJ Transit's Morris & Essex line between Morristown and the Meadowlands Maintenance Center on Wednesday December 7th and on Tuesday December 13th, you may see an M&E Alco locomotive delivering and retrieving the car.
  by jhdeasy

I'm looking out the window of MOUNT VERNON at Sunnyside Yard and I see Viewliner I diner 8400 INDIANAPOLIS in a consist being inspected on track 36. I'm not sure if it will be departing as train 97 (09), but it will be departing NYP on Friday December 9.
  by John_Perkowski

There'd have been a time when a Budd built 10-6 and baggage were not even unique.

Well, look what rolled into Kansas City on the River Runner today...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
  by jhdeasy

At the end of December 2016, private car SAN MARINO (PPCX 800270) moved NOL to WAS on train 20 and then WAS to CLT on train 79. I'm told it has been acquired by the Aberdeen, Carolina & Western RR. It is a former Southern Pacific heavyweight business car.

http://rrpicturearchives.net/showPictur ... id=2124326
  by Morning Zephyr

Southbound Silver Meteor #97 that departed NYP Saturday January 28 picked up seven unoccupied Amcoaches in Washington DC and took them to Miami. They were attached at the rear of the train behind the baggage car.
  by Gilbert B Norman

Isn't the Safety Patrol group movement about now? There used to be an extra train for such, but CSX laid down the law about an additional train. So now The Meteor is "sold out" on the days of this group movement.
  by jhdeasy

Yes, it is that time of year. I've read in another forum that trains 98 (FEB 01), 97 (FEB 04), 98 (FEB 09) and 97 (FEB 12) will be for the exclusive use of Palm Beach Safety Patrol passengers.
  by Arlington

Why two motors?
  by Backshophoss

The NJ C of C special tends to be about 22-23 cars long,while 1 ACS-64 can handle it,2 ACS-64's is a "cheap"
insurance in case of a computer "crap out" in 1 of the motors