• Assistant conductor job re-posted 2016

• General discussion about working in the railroad industry. Industry employers are welcome to post openings here.
General discussion about working in the railroad industry. Industry employers are welcome to post openings here.

Moderator: thebigc

by PGP

I applied to an assistant conductor trainee position in Springfield and New Haven CT and my application status
Is still under review. IT'S been about one month since I applied. I noticed that both jobs have been posted again. With new posting date. I'm not able to reapply because it's the same job number. Why would Amtrak repost the job? Should I consider my self not selected?
Thank you!
  by asull85

You've been entered into a pool of applicants. Amtrak reposts the same positions instead of creating a new posting. That way they are able to draw from the same pool and you don't need to reapply.
  by jkell1234

According to someone i know, they aren't hiring but getting talent pools together.
  by PGP

Well, just got TBNT letter for Springfield and New Haven CT. A bit surprised I didn't even get an interview. Ok, good luck everyone!