Discussion relating to the operations of MTA MetroNorth Railroad including west of Hudson operations and discussion of CtDOT sponsored rail operations such as Shore Line East and the Springfield to New Haven Hartford Line

Moderators: GirlOnTheTrain, nomis, FL9AC, Jeff Smith

by Jeff Smith

Award for WORST stock photo ever used for MNRR rolling stock. Click the link and see why:

http://yaledailynews.com/blog/2016/12/0 ... e-by-2019/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Worse than WORST? It's the Yale newspaper.
  by DutchRailnut

poorly written article, how is New Haven line expanded ?? and their suggesting 60 and 94 car cars instead of 60 plus a 34 option.
  by Jeff Smith

Any update on the status of these? I think there were up to 94? including options... Supposed max M8 fleet of 499 I think I saw somewhere?
  by DutchRailnut

My numbers show 94 more, as to when, I think due to delay on M-9's it will be second quarter of 2020 for first delivery.
as for actual car numbers, nothing posted yet but pretty sure it will be 66% 34% split between CDOT and MTA
  by Jeff Smith

Jaap, all pool? And, of course, think there will be any bar cars LOL let's open that can of worms LOL. I say not.
  by DutchRailnut

yes all pool as MN would be maintaining the M-8's .
  by Erie-Lackawanna

DutchRailnut wrote: Sat Jul 27, 2019 8:09 pm My numbers show 94 more, as to when, I think due to delay on M-9's it will be second quarter of 2020 for first delivery.
as for actual car numbers, nothing posted yet but pretty sure it will be 66% 34% split between CDOT and MTA
There are 66 cars coming. The remaining “option” cars have not been and will not be optioned.

Jim
  by freightguy

A new set of M8’s came this week to Croton West for delivery to New Haven. I believe the number was 9422 to be towed by a work extra to Kawasaki in New Haven yard.
  by Backshophoss

That pair may have made a pit stop at the Yonkers plant before the trip to the ConnDOT shop at New Haven
  by gregorygrice

Straight to New Haven. This is the first product Kawasaki has shipped completely by rail since the M9 derailment. Since that derailment the M9s are trucked to Yonkers for final assembly then delivered by rail to Queens.
  by Backshophoss

At least the factory ships them with regular couplers on the outer ends,
HEY CSX, how about a bit of weed killer to clean up the yard, maybe a weed wacker run at least?