• Transit Visualization Client

• Discussion of the past and present operations of the Long Island Rail Road.
Discussion of the past and present operations of the Long Island Rail Road.

Moderator: Liquidcamphor

by Commuter X

This tracker provides movement visualization of transit data published by transit agencies and operators from all over the world.
The link below appears to be for the LIRR

http://tracker.geops.de/?z=10&s=1&x=-82 ... =transport" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Now I may be able to see how/why my train is delayed

Commuter X
  by 452 Card

With your permanently negative attitude, it is easy see that scanning a bunch of useless dots on a map make you more restless. Those dots mean nothing in real time as a train crew tries to "get it going", but you could not care less and find a way to bash them. Take a walk in the shoes of the hammered someday and learn the mental and physical punishment they endure.
  by KT3

Not sure what the response above is all about but this is a pretty cool resource. Similar to the sites that provide real-time flight trackers. Neat to see the positions of all of the trains in the Greater New York region in real time. Not sure why that is such a bad thing.
  by Morisot

Transit visualization. Maybe that's why I like to look at Sigalert.com (NY-Brooklyn/Queens-Long Island), especially between 4:00 and 7:00 PM --- always reminds me why I love the LIRR!