• Lansdale Transformer replacement

• Discussion relating to Southeastern Pennsylvania Transportation Authority (Philadelphia Metro Area). Official web site can be found here: www.septa.com. Also including discussion related to the PATCO Speedline rapid transit operated by Delaware River Port Authority. Official web site can be found here: http://www.ridepatco.org/.
Discussion relating to Southeastern Pennsylvania Transportation Authority (Philadelphia Metro Area). Official web site can be found here: www.septa.com. Also including discussion related to the PATCO Speedline rapid transit operated by Delaware River Port Authority. Official web site can be found here: http://www.ridepatco.org/.

Moderator: AlexC

by zebrasepta

Emergency Transformer Replacement Work

Tuesday, November 8 & Wednesday, November 9, 2016 | 9:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.

Due to emergency work to replace a transformer at the Lansdale Station substation, the following temporary closures will be in effect on the date and times noted above.

12 spaces in the customer parking lots will be blocked off

A portion of the driveway adjacent to the substation will be closed

No parking signs will be posted at the designated spots along with directional signage for the driveway.

The parking lots and driveway will open to regular customer use when the work is completed.

As an alternate, customers may choose to park at the following Stations:

9th Street: 141 West 9th Street, Lansdale, PA 19446

Pennbrook: (114 Church Rd., Lansdale, PA 19446
Anyone know exactly what happened to the transformer? I know it shut the line couple of days ago
  by NorthPennLimited

I'm speculating it finally kicked the bucket on Monday when the Lansdale Fire department showed up to respond to a report it was smoking at the kick-off to AM rush hour.

That substation looks like it has many original components from when the Reading first electrified the Bethlehem branch in the 1920's.

There have been diapers placed under those main 15' tall transformers to catch leaking oil for several years.
  by Nasadowsk

Yeah, I remember seeing those things leaking ages ago.

I'm guessing they're not PCB types, or else they're 'handling' it via the famous "We don't know what's there because we aren't testing for it" method.

Because if they're PCB types, that's one hell of a clean-up they're gonna have...