• CR on the Southern Secondary

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey

Moderator: David

by CNJ Fan 4evr

I knew those were freight horns I was hearing not NJT horns. They must have snuck him in before the two 4:00 Red Bank trains.Every other time I was down there they sent him after the Red Bank trains.That's what I get for starving and giving in to McDs. :wink:
  by RailsEast

NS 5311 shf + 11, looks like one tank & 10 for Woodhaven; approaching Eatontown at 4:55 in the pm.
  by CNJ Fan 4evr

Way too hot and humid to chase a NS engine IMHO. :wink:
  by chuchubob

5311 on Thursday at South Amboy
  by NJT4149

SA31 permission to open Church at 3:38 PM
  by gravelyfan

5311 shf + 9, gon & tank on the rear
  by RailsEast

CSX 4406 shf + 11; looks like 8 Woodhavens, 1 tank, 1 high-side gon & 1 low-side gon. Both gons for Brick Recycling, or does Earle get one?? Last conventional gon went to Earle for old ties.....
Approaching Eatontown at 4:20 in the pm.
Chris
  by R&DB

Chris,
or does Earle get one??
No. they both went past Asbury Rd. with the train.
  by RailsEast

Roger that, thanks Harry......
  by OCtrainguy

Thanks for the updates on the train today. Hopefully, I can get trackside next week.
  by NJT4149

SA31 permission to open Church at 3:34 PM
Lined and locked normal 3:44 PM
  by RailsEast

Great shots, Stephen, glad you could get out & chase. SA-31 through Eatontown at 4:45 in the pm, in the rain today with CSX 4412 shf + 9.....looks like one brick & 8 Woodhavens.
Chris
  by OCtrainguy

Thanks Chris.

I saw the train in South Amboy this afternoon coming off the Church Running Track and onto NJCL. Due to traffic issues on the parkway (I know, surprise, surprise) and the rain picking up again, I wasn't able to catch them in the Red Bank/Shrewsbury area. Hopefully next time I'll get better weather.
  by GSC

Excellent photography, OC!

Nice to see more than one loco on the line, with more than a handful of loads. Not that long ago, I waited at the F'dale Main St. crossing for two engines and a single car to go by.