• Why no Regional Rail ticket machines at 30th Street Station

• Discussion relating to Southeastern Pennsylvania Transportation Authority (Philadelphia Metro Area). Official web site can be found here: www.septa.com. Also including discussion related to the PATCO Speedline rapid transit operated by Delaware River Port Authority. Official web site can be found here: http://www.ridepatco.org/.
Discussion relating to Southeastern Pennsylvania Transportation Authority (Philadelphia Metro Area). Official web site can be found here: www.septa.com. Also including discussion related to the PATCO Speedline rapid transit operated by Delaware River Port Authority. Official web site can be found here: http://www.ridepatco.org/.

Moderator: AlexC

by Suburban Station

JeffersonLeeEng wrote:Oh shoot...that's right...it is actually cheaper to go beyond Center City from Trenton than it is to just to go right in center city (that is, if you pre-purchase your ticket before boarding). I still can't wrap my head around that odd fare structure, but there you go...
that's interesting, it's just as easy for me to get to north philly as it is to cc, I don't think I'd ever realized it was that much cheaper
  by jamesinclair

MACTRAXX wrote: 1-INCORRECT - If you select Trenton as your origin and Philadelphia 30th Street as your destination you will then be
sold the CCP ticket for $9.00 - The "Tunnel" ticket costs $8.50 and is listed as a separate ticket option.
What exactly is the button called on NJT machines?

If I am at Trenton, do I see
New Brunswick
Hamilton
Philly 30th
New York Penn
Tunnel
Newark Penn

For example? (Dont ask me why NJT machines list stations in an apparently random order)
  by MACTRAXX

jamesinclair wrote:
MACTRAXX wrote: 1-INCORRECT - If you select Trenton as your origin and Philadelphia 30th Street as your destination you will then be
sold the CCP ticket for $9.00 - The "Tunnel" ticket costs $8.50 and is listed as a separate ticket option.

New Brunswick
Hamilton
Philly 30th
New York Penn
Tunnel
Newark Penn

For example? (Dont ask me why NJT machines list stations in an apparently random order)
JS and Everyone:

I checked a NJT TVM to see exactly what text all three SEPTA ticket types sold in NJT machines uses:

Under -P- is where the $9.00 Philadelphia 30th Street Station ticket will be found (also valid to Suburban and Jefferson Stations) to travel to CCP.

Under -S- (for SEPTA) is both the SEPTA Intermediate "Not Valid to CCP" for Trenton Line stations Levittown through North Philadelphia ($3.50) AND the
Tunnel via CCP ticket type ($8.50) which is valid to any destination on all other Regional Rail lines via CCP.

The most important NJT stations are listed first on NJT TVMs - Look further in the alphabetical listing of all stations to find all three SEPTA ticket options.

This should answer any questions about how to find and identify the three ticket types NJT sells on behalf of SEPTA via the Trenton transfer...

MACTRAXX
  by jamesinclair

MACTRAXX wrote:
jamesinclair wrote:

New Brunswick
Hamilton
Philly 30th
New York Penn
Tunnel
Newark Penn

JS and Everyone:

I checked a NJT TVM to see exactly what text all three SEPTA ticket types sold in NJT machines uses:

Under -P- is where the $9.00 Philadelphia 30th Street Station ticket will be found (also valid to Suburban and Jefferson Stations) to travel to CCP.

Under -S- (for SEPTA) is both the SEPTA Intermediate "Not Valid to CCP" for Trenton Line stations Levittown through North Philadelphia ($3.50) AND the
Tunnel via CCP ticket type ($8.50) which is valid to any destination on all other Regional Rail lines via CCP.

The most important NJT stations are listed first on NJT TVMs - Look further in the alphabetical listing of all stations to find all three SEPTA ticket options.

This should answer any questions about how to find and identify the three ticket types NJT sells on behalf of SEPTA via the Trenton transfer...

MACTRAXX

Fantastic, thank you.