• Post Amtrak Videos and Photos Here

• Discussion related to Amtrak also known as the National Railroad Passenger Corp.
Discussion related to Amtrak also known as the National Railroad Passenger Corp.

Moderators: GirlOnTheTrain, mtuandrew, Tadman

by monica012077

Gilbert B Norman wrote:Well Ms. Matos, I see you and your "gang" are now venturing out to the fringes of the "New Yorker's View of the World".

But, even if I have lived in Chicago for some fifty years, I know "the syndrome". I was "born and raised in the New York area" (and might actually have been a resident of NYCity during 61-62); falling in line of course was that I saw Europe before I saw the West Coast.
Thanks! But it was just me this time around... just sharing my journey out west. Saw a lot along the way.
  by monica012077

06/04/16 Here is a video of Amtrak California Zephyr train 5 flying across the Utah desert near Cisco. Nice rock formations and some Union Pacific extra's on a siding. About 20 minutes from Green River, UT. Enjoy!
  by Gilbert B Norman

Monica, how did the name Weso come about?

Just want to see what the lady learned during her Western junket.

Hint: the name has railroad significance.
  by monica012077

Gilbert B Norman wrote:Monica, how did the name Weso come about?

Just want to see what the lady learned during her Western junket.

Hint: the name has railroad significance.
It's where the Southern Pacific Overland route I was on parallels the Western Pacific's Feather River route. I'm guessing Weso stands for Western and Southern combined though I thought it just Spanish for bones lol. How did I do?
  by Gilbert B Norman

Girl, you get an AAAAA :P :P :P :P :P

Congrats.
  by monica012077

Gilbert B Norman wrote:Girl, you get an AAAAA :P :P :P :P :P

Congrats.
Yay!