• Train safety incidents

• Discussion relating to commuter rail, light rail, and subway operations of the MBTA.
Discussion relating to commuter rail, light rail, and subway operations of the MBTA.

Moderators: sery2831, CRail

by Bells201

Train Safety
This morning I saw a woman who had been walking along the tracks get trapped as she crossed a railroad bridge in North Billerica. She was lucky the train (306 out of Lowell) had stopped to pick up passengers - it took the fire department and police EMT's 45 minutes to extract her from the bridge. Last Friday at the same station a male in his 30's crossed under a train just at the conductor signaled the engineer to go - I blew my horn to get the conductors attention - he made it out from under the train but was not allowed to board

is it me or are people getting stupid ?
  by BandA

How do you cross under a train? Literally walk under one of the coaches where the trucks are? Wow. And why didn't the woman just cross back on the bridge?
  by 8th Notch

Unfortunately it happens quite frequently, W Medford is another spot where I see it done a lot. The area between both trucks towards the center of the coach has a good amount of clerance.
  by MBTA F40PH-2C 1050

Go to Gillette Stadium, to the train station, and just watch and observe what happens after a game gets out...
  by rmccown

I see people run across the tracks in front of an approaching train at W Concord.
  by eustis22

people do it in Haverhill for late Downeasters.
  by BostonUrbEx

8th Notch wrote:The area between both trucks towards the center of the coach has a good amount of clerance.
This is why I love bi-levels. One day, people won't be able to do this anymore. :wink: