• HEADS UP: Heritage Units on NS Southern Tier

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New York State.
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New York State.

Moderator: Otto Vondrak

by Matt Langworthy

The S&A unit was spotted in Owego a short time ago.
  by Matt Langworthy

The Monongahela unit was spotted as trailing power on NS 37T at Gang Mills around mid-afternoon. I suspect #8025 is either at Bison Yard now or will be very soon.
  by Matt Langworthy

The Reading unit came up to Binghamton last night on the former D&H. Number 1067 was on local 14R. I don't know where she will go next.
  by Matt Langworthy

The Reading unit went back to Enola.
  by Matt Langworthy

The NYC unit is trailing on NS 310 tonight. The most recent sighting of #1066 was in Binghamton about 40 minutes ago. Yes, NS 310 terminates in Binghamton now.
  by Matt Langworthy

The Erie unit is leading NS 23K today. The train was spotted in Binghamton nearly 3 hours ago, so there will be a good chance to see #1068 in daylight on the western end of the Tier today.
  by ScotCP356

NS 36T will have NS 1069 the Virginian heritage. 3 of 3.

ScotCP356
  by Matt Langworthy

I wonder where the VIrginian and Erie units met.
  by sd80mac

Matt Langworthy wrote:I wonder where the VIrginian and Erie units met.

From my understanding, 36t / Virginian was slapped by FRA inspection. And never left buffalo.
  by Mike Stellpflug

Virginian is reportedly leading 36T on the Tier.
Was reported by Linden at 13:00.
  by Matt Langworthy

The Erie unit is back again- this time as the 3rd unit of 3 on NS 22K. The train was spotted in Cheektowaga a short time ago.
  by Matt Langworthy

The Erie unit is on home rails again- #1068 is leading NS 23K on the Tier today. The train was spotted at Tioga about 40 minutes ago.
  by Matt Langworthy

Deja vu- the Erie unit is returning as the 3rd unit on NS 22K. The train is northeastern Ohio now, so #1068 should get to the Tier before dark.