• Old Amtrak

• Discussion related to Amtrak also known as the National Railroad Passenger Corp.
Discussion related to Amtrak also known as the National Railroad Passenger Corp.

Moderators: GirlOnTheTrain, mtuandrew, Tadman

by ExCon90

Amtrak back in the early 70s was trying to stay relevant by closely copying what the Airlines were doing back then.
Not only that, some of the people making those decisions had come from the airlines.
  by doepack

I thought the very first photo in the set, that of the Silver Star passing thru Norlina, NC was the best one. Simple, yet elegant in an understated way...
  by MichaelB86

Not buying the sexist claim. Women call it sexist when men enjoy it, but will use their sexuality to manipulate and persuade in order to get what they want at the drop of a hat. It's a wacky 70's attendant uniform, if not for the train (and Casey freaking Jones apparently) in the background I would have assumed she was a PSA stewardess or something lol
  by jackintosh11

If a woman is using her sexuality to manipulate and persuade, sure, it might be unethical, but it's not sexism because she's doing it willingly, and it's not like women are prohibited from doing so while men are allowed to or vice versa. But when women are forced to wear revealing uniforms while men in a similar position aren't, then it's sexism. It doesn't matter whether men enjoy it or not, it matters whether women are treated differently than men. There aren't any photos of male employees wearing tight, revealing clothing as part of their uniforms.
  by scratchy

jackintosh11 wrote:If a woman is using her sexuality to manipulate and persuade, sure, it might be unethical, but it's not sexism because she's doing it willingly, and it's not like women are prohibited from doing so while men are allowed to or vice versa. But when women are forced to wear revealing uniforms while men in a similar position aren't, then it's sexism. It doesn't matter whether men enjoy it or not, it matters whether women are treated differently than men. There aren't any photos of male employees wearing tight, revealing clothing as part of their uniforms.
Or like the velour fog , Zapp Brannigan. Image
  by Jeff Smith

That was fun. But I think we're digressing into the "he-man-women-haters-club.net" area.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.