• Surviving Silverliner IIs and IIIs

• Discussion relating to Southeastern Pennsylvania Transportation Authority (Philadelphia Metro Area). Official web site can be found here: www.septa.com. Also including discussion related to the PATCO Speedline rapid transit operated by Delaware River Port Authority. Official web site can be found here: http://www.ridepatco.org/.
Discussion relating to Southeastern Pennsylvania Transportation Authority (Philadelphia Metro Area). Official web site can be found here: www.septa.com. Also including discussion related to the PATCO Speedline rapid transit operated by Delaware River Port Authority. Official web site can be found here: http://www.ridepatco.org/.

Moderator: AlexC

by R36 Combine Coach

After searching archived posts, 269 did leave the property (via Woodbourne) in late 2012.
  by jetfan

R36 Combine Coach wrote:I believe it is a PHL Airport unit (232-239) series. 232, 233, 234 and 237 were scrapped rather early in the program (2011), 239 also went out as well. This leaves three possibilities.

238 is the remaining Silverliner III and it has been heavily graffitied, luckily, they really didn't mess with 9001.
  by aem7ac921

9001 was supposedly donated to the Railroad Museum of PA and it looks as if it hasn't arrived yet. Any idea what's happening with this car?
  by glennk419

aem7ac921 wrote:9001 was supposedly donated to the Railroad Museum of PA and it looks as if it hasn't arrived yet. Any idea what's happening with this car?
The last I heard, 9001 was still at Wayne Junction. I would imagine that, short of it operating under its own power, it would require a special move to take the car to Paradise for transfer as they would obviously need to use the compromise coupler which probably can't go in a standard mixed consist. I also wonder if Septa or Amtrak would have to make the move and/or where the car would be interchanged.
  by amtrakhogger

Amtrak would usually make the move. I don't think Septa has crews qualified to Cork anymore since they dropped the service to Parkesburg and Coatesvile.
  by dcipjr

There's a Silverliner II behind Wayne Electric...pretty sure it's 9001. It's been there for quite a while now.
  by jetfan

dcipjr wrote:There's a Silverliner II behind Wayne Electric...pretty sure it's 9001. It's been there for quite a while now.
Yes, the remaining Silverliner II at Wayne is 9001. As I stated a few posts up, 238 has heavy graffiti on it, fortunately, 9001 only has minor graffiti on one door.