• Retirements and Disposition of CR Equipment

• Discussion relating to commuter rail, light rail, and subway operations of the MBTA.
Discussion relating to commuter rail, light rail, and subway operations of the MBTA.

Moderators: sery2831, CRail

by dbperry

Martin Baumann wrote:"In or awaiting derailment damage repairs (1 Control Trailer Coach and 2 Blind Trailer Coaches): 206, 211, 1635"

When did this derailment happen? Anyone hurt?
1/5/2016, Haverhill line / Western Route, south of Lawrence Yard at CPF-FRYE interlocking in Andover. See this thread:
viewtopic.php?f=65&t=161534" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
  by GP40MC1118

Word is MBB Control Coach 1532 was cut up this weekend at Readville.

Maybe three more coaches to get the torch.

D
  by GP40MC1118

The 1532 has not been scrapped as yet. It's been heavily stripped (trucks, control stand, etc.)
and sitting up on wood blocks at Readville awaiting a scrappers.

D
  by MBTA F40PH-2C 1050

502 is now sitting in the 2 yard at Readville....I wonder if it will be next??? That was the resting spot for the 1532 before she got moved onto blocks
  by chrisf

GP40MC1118 wrote:From what I'm hearing, the 502 will be next...

D
502 was just in service, and is still listed as assigned on NETransit, I'd have thought that there must be others that are closer to junk.
  by nomis

And thus why you can't take NETransit as canon ...
  by Type 7 3684

chrisf wrote:
GP40MC1118 wrote:From what I'm hearing, the 502 will be next...

D
502 was just in service, and is still listed as assigned on NETransit, I'd have thought that there must be others that are closer to junk.
NETransit isn't constantly updated to show what's in and out of service.
  by chrisf

Type 7 3684 wrote:NETransit isn't constantly updated to show what's in and out of service.
No, but I was on 502 just the other day. It definitely just recently went out of service.
  by Type 7 3684

It certainly did if it was just in service a few days ago.
  by chrisf

Type 7 3684 wrote:It certainly did if it was just in service a few days ago.
I think my real point was lost... it seems to make no sense for the T to be scrapping what it had obviously recently deemed the most viable MBBs when there are many others that have been sitting idle for several months. It's not as if there's suddenly an oversupply of coaches.
  by deathtopumpkins

chrisf wrote:
Type 7 3684 wrote:It certainly did if it was just in service a few days ago.
I think my real point was lost... it seems to make no sense for the T to be scrapping what it had obviously recently deemed the most viable MBBs when there are many others that have been sitting idle for several months. It's not as if there's suddenly an oversupply of coaches.
Perhaps the coach had a calendar day inspection the other day, during which they discovered some critical problem that they deemed not worth fixing.
  by GP40MC1118

Looks like the 502 will eventually head to Middleboro along with the 509.

The 509 plus recent delivered Kawasaki 705 will head to Readville tonight or
soon on the Readville Switcher.

Also, three lease F40's are with them (301, 302 & 310)

D
  by GP40MC1118

Coaches 502, 509 & 705 plus the three SLC F40's (301,302,330) went to
Middleboro today. Extra is supposed to be bringing HSP46's 2009 & 2036 off
the Mass Coastal. Early reports were the MC was having mechanical issues.

D
  by MBTA3247

I saw a pair of MBBs on a siding just north of Wickford Junction today, at least one of them a control car. I wasn't able to get the numbers, unfortunately.