• ME equipment disposition list

• Discussion about the M&E, RVRR and SIRR lines of New Jersey, and also the Maine Eastern operation in Maine. Official web site can be found here: www.merail.com.
Discussion about the M&E, RVRR and SIRR lines of New Jersey, and also the Maine Eastern operation in Maine. Official web site can be found here: www.merail.com.

Moderators: GOLDEN-ARM, cjl330, mikec

by PARfan

Site Admin: please see the post immediately following this post. This post has been reported as a "troll" post. Since another member has reported the corrected information, I will leave the thread unlocked but redact this post.

Ok I couldn't find anything about the Maine Eastern units disposition or the other rolling stock.
I have gathered the following info to what might happen.

REDACTED

Feel free to correct me as needed! :-D
  by therudycometh

Apologies for being blunt, but literally none of that is true.

- M420W #3573 does not have a cracked block and is intended for service in NJ. It is en route to NJ now.
- GP9 #764 will be used on the Morristown Division. No immediate plans to repaint it. It is en route to NJ now.
- FL9s #488 and #489 are in NJ and will be used for excursion service, both in Whippany and elsewhere.
- There are no plans for GP7 #100 at this moment.
- The MERR caboose #5 will be retained and used as a caboose. Not that I'm in a rush to paint over my own paint job from 2014, but we're working on getting it repainted.
- The snow plow has been sold, but not to CMQ. I can't give details, but you'll find out in a couple weeks.
- MHC and both Adirondack cars will be retained for storage.
- Passenger cars will enter excursion service with the FL9s.
  by mandealco

Many thanks for the update Rudy. How will the arrival of the Maine Eastern units impact on the existing fleet, especially 18 & 19?
Cheers
Steve & Laura
  by therudycometh

mandealco wrote:How will the arrival of the Maine Eastern units impact on the existing fleet, especially 18 & 19?
It will make a lot more work for them, since now we have 15 more pieces of equipment for 18 & 19 to move around!
  by mandealco

LOL. I now have an image of Alco's pushing Geeps and FL-9s into corners of the empire, never to be seen again. Just my active imagination.
Cheers
Steve
NZ
  by MERailFanJay

Will #488 and #489 be repainted before their new service? New logos on the pax cars?

Sad to see the caboose will be repainted. It was one of the best I've ever seen.
  by therudycometh

MERailFanJay wrote:Will #488 and #489 be repainted before their new service? New logos on the pax cars?
All of it will eventually bear M&E colors, but when you have 15 pieces of equipment to paint, it's a little overwhelming.
  by DogBert

Does Bayway have a backup locomotive, or ever need one?
  by therudycometh

DogBert wrote:Does Bayway have a backup locomotive, or ever need one?
#20 is the main locomotive down there, and #563 is there right now as a backup.
  by DogBert

Oh yeah, forgot about that one. (Guess I was thinking maybe one of the merr lot might be a backup there, if needed).
  by BigDell

Rudy, is there a schedule of any upcoming excursions? I didn't realize the Maine equipment was coming back....

Also, I really need to get myself up that way and railfan your line a bit. Central NJ is great, but I need to see some M&E. Will look on the company site and see what's accessible to photography.
What's the busiest line, generally speaking?