• MBTA photo permit

• Discussion relating to commuter rail, light rail, and subway operations of the MBTA.
Discussion relating to commuter rail, light rail, and subway operations of the MBTA.

Moderators: sery2831, CRail

by Robert Paniagua

Oh ok, Ed. That I didn't get, but thank you for clearing that part up.

by Otto Vondrak

My experience was this: I visited the T last December (see the Boston PCC article on this site)... I got a photo permit and wore it around my neck at all times. Was only approached twice by friendly employees. Keeping the photo permit in plain sight helps avoid a lot of confrontation with employees, and actually makes them feel a little more at ease when they see you pointing a camera in their direction...

-otto-

by MBTA F40PH-2C 1050

is the State Trans. Building open Good Friday? What times are they open during the week and are they open on weekends? (times)

by jrc520

Be sure you wear it though. I've had drivers call me in, not checking if I had a permit even. watch out.

by efin98

MBTA F40PH-2C 1050 wrote:is the State Trans. Building open Good Friday? What times are they open during the week and are they open on weekends? (times)
It is open Monday to Friday, 9am-5pm. It is a state office so it probably observes county, state, and federal holidays.

by MBTA F40PH-2C 1050

by MBTA Railfan

When I was there in 2000 they seemed to tune into video. Every time I was asked I had my video out. When I had my 35MM no one questioned me.

I guess it depends on who you run into.

In this day and age (of post 911 paranoid responses) I highly recomend getting a permit. I plan on getting one just for my one day in Boston.

Bob