• Slow times in SEPTA forum?

• Discussion relating to Southeastern Pennsylvania Transportation Authority (Philadelphia Metro Area). Official web site can be found here: www.septa.com. Also including discussion related to the PATCO Speedline rapid transit operated by Delaware River Port Authority. Official web site can be found here: http://www.ridepatco.org/.
Discussion relating to Southeastern Pennsylvania Transportation Authority (Philadelphia Metro Area). Official web site can be found here: www.septa.com. Also including discussion related to the PATCO Speedline rapid transit operated by Delaware River Port Authority. Official web site can be found here: http://www.ridepatco.org/.

Moderator: AlexC

by TrainPhotos

Seems very little is posted in here anymore, did people get discouraged by the lack of rolling stock variety? I know there have been some cuts and changes with the last few schedules, making even rush hour spotting not as fun. Sad to see a forum so inactive..
  by NorthPennLimited

Too many mental midgets to contend with on here.

Better surfing in Yahoo Groups and Trainorders.com
  by scotty269

I, for one, thought the conversation about the "backwards" SLV's was most interesting.
  by TrainPhotos

Shame. I was a long time reader of this particular forum before joining up. My friend's homes and workplaces are in view of both the delaware bridges on either side of the river, which is what got me curious in trains to begin with as a young lad..

Trainorders is a pay site, and many may not have the means to afford the fee. I prefer this site, to be honest.. :-)
  by 60 Car

You can only get so much mileage out of;
Bring back Newtown
Bring back West Chester
No restrooms on the trains
No waiting rooms open at the stations

Now that SEPTA has got some capital money coming in, the long postponed projects are finally getting done.
The only thing left to gripe about in the near future will be the bussing that has to be done so the bridge repairs and other work can get done.
Anyone with common sense knows that there will have to be some inconvenience to be endured to ensure the future of the system.
Those who would complain about that can't be pleased anyway.
  by TrainPhotos

60 Car wrote:You can only get so much mileage out of;
Bring back Newtown
Bring back West Chester
No restrooms on the trains
No waiting rooms open at the stations

Now that SEPTA has got some capital money coming in, the long postponed projects are finally getting done.
The only thing left to gripe about in the near future will be the bussing that has to be done so the bridge repairs and other work can get done.
Anyone with common sense knows that there will have to be some inconvenience to be endured to ensure the future of the system.
Those who would complain about that can't be pleased anyway.
As my father very often said, an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure. In this case, I feel the pound of cure is soon to be, if not all ready happening. I did hear about the rumored multilevel order. For trains that can have an hour trip time from their line's terminals, you'd think a bathroom on the train or at the station would be provided. Perhaps if this order happens, the "potty problem" with finally come to a comfortable and sanitary end.. :P

One thing I have noticed following local news in NJ and PA, is that people of all classes and creeds are getting to the boiling point with traffic issues. Perhaps that will help some of these re-activation efforts, perhaps not. For me, it's a matter of spectating. I have some ideas, sure, but I'll stick to my area of expertise as relevant to this forum & site: enjoying railroad discussions and watching trains.. :)
  by dcipjr

Once the IIs and IIIs were retired, commuting on SEPTA got much less interesting. I miss them.
  by Head-end View

The Silverliner II's and III's were interesting but so are the Silverliner IV's and V's.