• 2015 Commuter Rail Delay Discussion Thread

• Discussion relating to commuter rail, light rail, and subway operations of the MBTA.
Discussion relating to commuter rail, light rail, and subway operations of the MBTA.

Moderators: sery2831, CRail

by MBTA F40PH-2C 1050

and you are correct...I'll get the HSP unit # tonight, I wasn't able to hear which one last night before I left
  by Type 7 3684

MBTA F40PH-2C 1050 wrote:and you are correct...I'll get the HSP unit # tonight, I wasn't able to hear which one last night before I left
What a surprise! Anxious to hear which one it was this time
  by Type 7 3684

Worcester Line Train 521 (2:55 pm from South Station) is operating 10 - 15 minutes behind schedule between Yawkey and Worcester to heavy ridership.
They make it sound like "heavy ridership" is a station :wink:
Also some "Amtrak traffic" on the Prov. line.
  by Type 7 3684

Shuttle buses replacing Middleborough Train 2002 (6:50 am inbound) from Montello to Holbrook/Randolph and then Braintree where passengers can transfer to Red Line.
There's a police action in the area
  by BostonUrbEx

^ Someone was shot on the tracks in Brockton, causing delays.
  by nomis

Heavy ridership is a station ;-)

521 was 8 double deckers stuffed to the gills yesterday, I think it's arrived at Worcester 30 mins late.
  by Type 7 3684

Anyone know the number of the disabled HSP last week?
  by Type 7 3684

GP40MC1118 wrote:2037 was the culprit...

D
Thanks for the info
  by octr202

It sounds (from the T Alerts) like 160 broke down somewhere, and a rescue set sent out to cover the remainder of the inbound run, with only a 40 minute delay. Wondering if this was another HSP issue?
  by BostonUrbEx

Power failure at Tower A last night. All four of the last trains of the night were 60 minutes late.
  by Type 7 3684

octr202 wrote:It sounds (from the T Alerts) like 160 broke down somewhere, and a rescue set sent out to cover the remainder of the inbound run, with only a 40 minute delay. Wondering if this was another HSP issue?
I just noticed 1032 has the "out of service" asterisk on NETransit, so maybe 1032 was the issue?
  by ck4049

They do not update NETransit after each and every mechanical problem. The 1032 has been out for at least a couple weeks now.
  by Type 7 3684

Okay, it was just an assumption because sometimes the website is updated rather quickly.
  by BostonUrbEx

MBTA Commuter Rail ‏@MBTA_CR 2m2 minutes ago
HAV Train 213(4:30p fr N. Sta) terminating at Ballardvale due to a disabled freight in Andover. Buses will take passengers to rest of stops.

MBTA Commuter Rail ‏@MBTA_CR 18s19 seconds ago
Haverhill Line Train 222 is cancelled due to a disabled freight train in Andover. No alternative service will be provided.