Discussion relating to the operations of MTA MetroNorth Railroad including west of Hudson operations and discussion of CtDOT sponsored rail operations such as Shore Line East and the Springfield to New Haven Hartford Line

Moderators: GirlOnTheTrain, nomis, FL9AC, Jeff Smith

by CentralValleyRail

Additional train added departing Hoboken at 2:41PM enroute to Middletown, NY Meets 66 at Harriman. Does not turn around at least not as a REV run.

http://web.mta.info/mnr/html/planning/s ... 132015.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
  by srock1028

CentralValleyRail wrote:Does not turn around at least not as a REV run.
It turns back to Hoboken Terminal as an "X" move.
  by SecaucusJunction

This new train does actually stop at Rt 17. Schedule doesn't mention it but it has stopped there every time I have seen it.
  by CentralValleyRail

How many times have you witnessed this and if it's not advertised why would PAX be getting off?
  by srock1028

Train 49 stops at Route 17 as per NJT Bulletin Order. Stop was added after public schedules were published.
  by SecaucusJunction

It's been mostly school kids that have been using the train at Rt 17. I believe one or two people also got off from NYC/Hoboken. Once people catch on that the train stops there, it will probably be very popular.

I do wonder why so many evening westbound trains skip the station while all the eastbound AM trains stop there. Then again, maybe they really do stop there too
  by CentralValleyRail

Interesting, is this a temp bulletin order or here to stay? I'm surprised they wouldn't add it to the point to point schedules since they are generated by date.
  by SecaucusJunction

Train seems to have very good ridership for just starting. 3 cars long with all cars maybe 3/4 full.

Read an article on Facebook that showed Metro North WOH ridership growth was strong. This train should help the PJ line immensely. I wish they could find a way to make this train reverse into a revenue run. It would be good for anyone going to dinner/show/sporting event in NYC for an evening.
  by CentralValleyRail

Oh it's the 3 car set?

That train is usually on 56 or 58 in the AM and 63 or 65 in the PM. Usually 56 and 63....

It already NON-REVS back there however I suspect it sits somewhere for a while or if there is one delay this train would screw it up for everyone else's outbound trip.
  by MTASUPT

All the Metro-North Vehicles are "M" the only ones that are different are the on-track(non rubber tired) ones thus TC=Track Car

As for the new trains - 47 & 49 the RT17 stop was added after the public schedule was published.
  by MTASUPT

NJT track department along with Metro-North Track department have been changing out the stick rail on tracks 1 & 2. They are also replacing ties and surfacing. Starting 10/26/15 off peak bus operations will be substituted for trains originating out of Port Jervis (58,62,64). They will connect with the trains at Middletown. Trains 43 &45 will terminate at Otisville. They will connect with the bus operations at Middletown for the Port Jervis passengers. This is for changing ties and surfacing between CP BC and CP OV.
  by MTASUPT

Three weekend outages are also planned for Tie replacements (portions of Moodna, OW Bridge-West Hall) and Switch replacement at CP Hall.

Probably will be Starting 11/6-11/8, 11/13-11/15, 11/20-11/22

Bus Ops between Harriman and Port Jervis
  by SecaucusJunction

At least one Assemblyman thinks that more double track and bi-directional service will happen in the next 4 years...

http://www.midhudsonnews.com/News/2015/ ... Oct15.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
  by jackintosh11

Are buses still running instead of trains on the Port Jervis line on weekdays? Metro north's website http://web.mta.info/mnr/html/serviceupd ... ?story=923 says that there is busing, but I talked to customer service a while ago and they said it was supposed to be completed on December 4th. Does anyone have any info on this?