• New Amtrak ad Campaign

• Discussion related to Amtrak also known as the National Railroad Passenger Corp.
Discussion related to Amtrak also known as the National Railroad Passenger Corp.

Moderators: GirlOnTheTrain, mtuandrew, Tadman

by Greg Moore

Here's an article on Amtrak's new national ad campaign.

Apparently there's 1 30-second spot and six 15-second spots.

I've watched I think 6 of the total 7 ads and I have to say, so far I like them.

I like the tagline "500 Destinations, Infinite Stories" and the ads seem to highlight some good points.

I hope to actually see these on tv.
  by TomNelligan

Speaking of Amtrak advertising... I'm sitting at the moment in the Delta terminal at Logan Airport in Boston awaiting a flight to Atlanta (ultimate destination is New Orleans for a couple days of streetcar-riding). Logan, like many airports, has free WiFi but you have to watch a sponsor's ad to get it. My sign-in just now linked me to Amtrak's web site with a plug for Acela service, which I'm sure is aimed at those in this neighborhood who are waiting for the Delta shuttle. That's pretty clever marketing.
  by acelaphillies

I just looked at all of the new ads, and I gotta say that I really like them. I think they are an improvement over the last few series of ads that Amtrak has released. They really showcase what the train has to offer, and they are not boring.
  by Woody

I really liked most of the ads.

But I just hate the one with an older couple, voiceover gushing, "We've done Europe (for two, spending at least $5,000), Asia (maybe $10,000), even Africa (at least $10,000.), and this year (a land cruise of) America."

(My emphasis and words added.)

That's pitching to the tiny land-cruise market while seeming to confirm the haters' firm belief that Amtrak's long distance trains are mainly a subsidized service for the affluent.

The risk is that the political cost of the message outweighs the customers it might attract.
  by Backshophoss

Not sure if the Amtrak ad running out here is western based ad,opening shot is Surfliner set along the Ca coastline,
2nd shot,CZ in Glenwood Canyon,interior Amfeet,Acela on Hellgate Bridge,East coast LD on Bridge,SWC or CZin Desert,
interior Superliner coach,closing shot fly over of CONO in La woods,then the Surfliner set fins
  by NH2060

These ads truly combine style and substance. I see the "business traveler" one pop up online quite frequently and it's not exactly something I'm eager to skip over compared to a lot of the other paid ads on YouTube, etc.