• How Are the SLV's Holding Up?

• Discussion relating to Southeastern Pennsylvania Transportation Authority (Philadelphia Metro Area). Official web site can be found here: www.septa.com. Also including discussion related to the PATCO Speedline rapid transit operated by Delaware River Port Authority. Official web site can be found here: http://www.ridepatco.org/.
Discussion relating to Southeastern Pennsylvania Transportation Authority (Philadelphia Metro Area). Official web site can be found here: www.septa.com. Also including discussion related to the PATCO Speedline rapid transit operated by Delaware River Port Authority. Official web site can be found here: http://www.ridepatco.org/.

Moderator: AlexC

by South Jersey Budd

They break down just like the IV's. Yesterday trains 503, 9524 and 545 all were late/annulled due to issues with SLV's. 503 had 6 IV's and had to transfer its passengers to 3 IV's at Jefferson to continue to Thorndale. 9524 had to discharge all its passengers at 30th. And 545 had cab signal issues and was partially annulled and ran very late to Thorndale. Although there are many late SEPTA trains these days.

Of course nothing breaks down more than the push pull sets though.
  by zebrasepta

South Jersey Budd wrote:They break down just like the IV's. Yesterday trains 503, 9524 and 545 all were late/annulled due to issues with SLV's. 503 had 6 IV's and had to transfer its passengers to 3 IV's at Jefferson to continue to Thorndale. 9524 had to discharge all its passengers at 30th. And 545 had cab signal issues and was partially annulled and ran very late to Thorndale. Although there are many late SEPTA trains these days.

Of course nothing breaks down more than the push pull sets though.
if they're breaking down this early doesn't that mean the V's are of poorer quality than the IVs or is it the usual problem with EMUs?
  by SilentCal

zebrasepta wrote:One of the many things I like about the V's are the acceleration, it feels a bit faster than the IV's but I don't like the doors especially during the winter where they can't get some of the doors opened at all
I've found this the best part. It seems easier to make up time when we're running late. And the computerized announcements are better than the too-loud or too-soft announcements on the old cars. The SIVs are more comfortable, though.