• Ashland RR question

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in the American Midwest, including Ohio, Indiana, Illinois, Michigan, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Iowa and Kansas. For questions specific to a railroad company, please seek the appropriate forum.
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in the American Midwest, including Ohio, Indiana, Illinois, Michigan, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Iowa and Kansas. For questions specific to a railroad company, please seek the appropriate forum.

Moderator: railohio

by actower

Can someone tell me the best time and place to railfan the Ashland?
Thanks in advance
Tim

by chessie8212

I asked a similar question regarding to specifically catching the ASRY in Mansfield on another board and got this. Hope it helps!

"There are places in Mansfield to catch ASRY but sparse. Saturdays they dont work unless you catch a switcher running for the mill. Their yard and shop is actually behind and down in the steel mill. At the bottom of Longview their are places to park and watch and you also get the NS. Also go up by the grain elevator at Harker St.
Both these roads are tied into Main St, Rt13. On the North end of Bouman St there is a bridge by a junk yard that crosses both the ASRY old B&O main looking into the mill and also crosses the NS both right together.

Catch them any day of the week and Sunday working and coming to Willard. Saturdays are special moves. There is also an NS yard at the South East end of town just a few blocks out, I cant tell you the name of the St as it escapes me right now."

by actower

Thank you, that helps a bunch.
Tim