Discussion of the past and present operations of the Long Island Rail Road.

Moderator: Liquidcamphor

by Head-end View

:o :shock: :? Welcome to the 3rd generation of these forums. It's amazing what can happen when you go to work and don't check your computer for a couple of days. Like having the rug yanked out from under you.

Good thing I saved and/or printed out some of the old postings that were interesting to me, since we don't have access to them anymore! But I guess when we're getting a service for free, we really can't complain about it. At least we now have some valuable new features, as well as the "correct" time.

Looking forward to seeing you all here again!....................Ian R.

by n2qhvRMLI

Welcome back all. Looking forward to seeing how long it takes to get everyone up and running!

de Don N2QHV

by rrbuff03

:D Great new look hope to see all soon
  by Steel Wheel

I must be missing something. How do you join the group and have those groups as a favorite? Or must I search out my favorite groups to read each time?
  by Silverliner II

[quote="Head-end View"]:o At least we now have some valuable new features, as well as the "correct" time.

LOL, you mean the time was wrong before? I guess I'm so used to late SEPTA trains, I never noticed!

:wink:
Joe

by emfinite

I think the webmaster or owner of the forums lived in a different time zone, so anyone in a time zone varying from his saw the wrong time. I think the time I saw was 3 hours early...

Joe

by tp49

emfinite wrote:I think the webmaster or owner of the forums lived in a different time zone, so anyone in a time zone varying from his saw the wrong time. I think the time I saw was 3 hours early...

Joe
IIRC there was a way in the member profile to change the settings relating to time. I live on the West Coast and the times were correct for my time zone when I looked at the old board. Also, I believe the owner lives in Upstate NY.
  by dukeoq

I always read the times as pacific time.
Don't know why because I believe the site is based in upstate NY.
I would like to see the subscription option back so I don't have to scroll past so many things that don't interest me.
Oh!! and NIMBY!
Like George Carlin said
DON'T SWEAT THE PETTY THINGS
and don't pet the sweaty things. :D
JJ Earl
  by Fla East Coast Chris

HEllo From Beautiful Pompano Beach Florida!!!!
"Speedway to America's Playground"
Chris

by M1 9147

Hi guys, and of coarse to all of my buddies, and immediate friends. Chris, how's Florida. Email me when you see my post.
  by krispy

It's snowing up here AGAIN. How's the weather down there? Are you practicing your golf swing for when we get invited to the US Open this summer? Coffee or tea?!?

by Paul

I can not speak for the "retirement' crowd down in FLA but out here on the left coast this our weather forcast for the next few days.
Eat your hearts out, Snowboys!!!!!!

Tuesday night: Mainly clear. Low 52F. Winds light and variable.

Wednesday: Sunny skies. Warm. High near 80F. Winds WNW at 5 to 10 mph.
Wednesday night: Generally fair. Low 52F. Winds light and variable.

Thursday: A few clouds from time to time. High 76F. Winds SW at 5 to 10 mph.
Thursday (24 hours): A few clouds. Highs in the mid 70s and lows in the low 50s.

Friday (24 hours): Mix of sun and clouds. Highs in the mid 70s and lows in the low 50s.

Saturday (24 hours): Mix of sun and clouds. Highs in the upper 70s and lows in the low 50s.

I love this new forum!!!!!
BTW, our high today ay my house was 97!

by tp49

Paul,

97 you must be deep in the Valley, it was only 82 today here at the Capitol. Still very pleasant, and no I don't miss the snow back on the Island. :D