• West side of Newark Branch

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey

Moderator: David

by rev66vette

Train finally got out of there today sometime between 11:30 AM and 1PM............
  by kamerad47

Train ran last night same 3 loco's, 5 covered hopper & a big load of spine cars !!!
  by Shalom

Thought I heard horns coming from that direction...
  by Joseph DeLuisi

I hope that new company on Passaic St where WAS Terminal was formerly located utilizes rail service.
  by milkshayke5o8

Anyone know when X-L gets their shipments via rail on Clifton Blvd?
  by bk77

milkshayke5o8 wrote:Anyone know when X-L gets their shipments via rail on Clifton Blvd?
Keep an ear to the scanner for the daylight Suffern local H55. No idea if there is any regular day they get switched, probably varies...
  by kamerad47

Train ran last night picked up a dozen dropped off a dozen spine cars & 6 covered hoppers plus left 1 at the end !!!
  by milkshayke5o8

kamerad47 wrote:Train ran last night picked up a dozen dropped off a dozen spine cars & 6 covered hoppers plus left 1 at the end !!!
heard it last night going past the NJT clifton station. where exactly are you seeing it? I want to catch the next one but want to find the prime spot!
  by SecaucusJunction

Seems like half of Suffern yard is filled with these dirt cars. Looks like they're getting ready for a big shipment
  by Shalom

Heard lots of horns tonight blowing for crossings coming from that general vicinity (I'm a few blocks from the Passaic station on the Main Line) from about 12:45 AM to right about now (1:00 AM). Might be a train moving on that line now. (There aren't any grade crossings on the Main Line.)
  by milkshayke5o8

they're doing track maintenance on Clifton blvd right outside x-l hope that means more trains !
  by kamerad47

Train ran last night around 11pm a Roche single loco (5616) , no cars for van ness simple spine car drop & pick up 12 & 12 , single loco working hard to pull cars up the grade notch 8 great sound !!!!
  by kamerad47

5617 & 5616 ran last nght around 12:30 at roche, drop & pick up of spine cars only !!
  by milkshayke5o8

amazing horn show past clifton station. noticed this morning one covered hopper missing from X-L plastics. wonder if it's the same train going to roche
  by Chrisgr

It would be the same train. H-56 does both X-L Plastics and Newark Branch.