• Interesting Consist Discussion for the North Side

• Discussion relating to commuter rail, light rail, and subway operations of the MBTA.
Discussion relating to commuter rail, light rail, and subway operations of the MBTA.

Moderators: sery2831, CRail

by ck4049

The 2004 is getting cut tonight, apparently it didn't perform well tonight. 2013 will be on it's own again in the morning.
  by MetroBostonRailways

Not really important, but there are A TON of F40PH-2Cs on the North Side right now, a little less than half the entire fleet are on the North Side.
  by ck4049

Probably because all but one HSP46 is down South right now. The only HSP up North is the 2007.
  by octr202

And a ton of the screamers are either gone or OOS.
  by drvmusic

I'm seeing a lot of Screamers on the Lowell line these days. Was pulled in to the Bruins game on Tuesday by one, and pulled in next to 1007 at N. Station. Gonna miss that sound!!!!
  by F-line to Dudley via Park

MetroBostonRailways wrote:1507 isnt on the north side...
All of the remaining 1500's are southside-only now. And all of the remaining 500's have been northside-only since end of summer. Probably missed some sort of end-of-era there with the last-ever MBB cab revenue run up north.
  by Slushbucket

I saw an unusual consist in front of the wash tracks at BET this afternoon. It was HSP46 (2007?) - MBB - flat - flat - flat - Rotem - Rotem cab. There was another train next to it and I was too far away to get numbers, unfortunately.
  by Diverging Route

I didn't personally see it, but I have it from a great source (a Keolis conductor) that there's a 2-flat, 2-Rotem set roaming on the north side today.
  by Diverging Route

Diverging Route wrote:I didn't personally see it, but I have it from a great source (a Keolis conductor) that there's a 2-flat, 2-Rotem set roaming on the north side today.
I saw it this morning: 1631-Rotem-Rotem-Flat.
  by ST214

There is another 4 car set out there too. I believe it is 1136 with a Rotem and three flats.
  by Diverging Route

Yes, colleague OCTR202 and I have seen three separate four-car sets North Side. Is there really another coach shortage? Has the T sent too many Ks at once out to Alstom for overhaul?
Last edited by Diverging Route on Tue Mar 31, 2015 8:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.