• Uniq. Eqpmt Sightings: Private Varnish (PV's), Charters, etc

• Discussion related to Amtrak also known as the National Railroad Passenger Corp.
Discussion related to Amtrak also known as the National Railroad Passenger Corp.

Moderators: GirlOnTheTrain, mtuandrew, Tadman

by Gilbert B Norman

Mr. Boylan, here is an excellent photo of the Superliner equipment being handled on 48 (16):

http://photos.greatrails.net/s/?p=222136" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Since the Superliners are placed on the head, in all likelihood they are Deadhead. They cannot clear into Back Bay, and as you note, Amtrak reports that 448-449 will be a Bustetoot until the weather conditions moderate. Obviously they cannot be operated on the Hudson South of Poughkeepsie account the high level platforms (Albany has some low level platforms).

Their likely use will be a make up set for the Empire Service Albany-Buffalo. Hopefully, one of the cars is a 315XX Cafe-Coach so that Food and Beverage will be available on a "Late For Sure" train.
  by MetroBostonRailways

Today's 449 was 2 hours late leaving south station and had 4 units leading in order left to right(103-104-816-44) and only three coaches, a baggage car, view liner and a single amfleet 2 coach, no cafe coach today
  by Sprinter611

MetroBostonRailways wrote:Today's 449 was 2 hours late leaving south station and had 4 units leading in order left to right(103-104-816-44) and only three coaches, a baggage car, view liner and a single amfleet 2 coach, no cafe coach today
The Café Car will not be on Train 448 & 449 until mid-April. The 103 & 104 were dropped at Rensselaer, NY
  by MetroBostonRailways

Sprinter611 wrote:
MetroBostonRailways wrote:Today's 449 was 2 hours late leaving south station and had 4 units leading in order left to right(103-104-816-44) and only three coaches, a baggage car, view liner and a single amfleet 2 coach, no cafe coach today
The Café Car will not be on Train 448 & 449 until mid-April. The 103 & 104 were dropped at Rensselaer, NY
Why will there be no Cafe car?
  by jhdeasy

Train 50 (28) operated from CHI to WAS with a consist of Superliners. I suspect the Superliners will return from WAS to CHI on train 51 (4). Probably operating just one roundtrip CHI - WAS - CHI with Superliners, but it could be more. Stay tuned ...
  by acelaphillies

jhdeasy wrote:Train 50 (28) operated from CHI to WAS with a consist of Superliners. I suspect the Superliners will return from WAS to CHI on train 51 (4). Probably operating just one roundtrip CHI - WAS - CHI with Superliners, but it could be more. Stay tuned ...
When the Cardinal runs with Superliners how does that work on the NEC?
  by chuchubob

CHTT1 wrote:Cardinal doesn't operate north (or is it east) of Washington. I imagine though passengers are put on other NEC trains.
It's north from WAS to ZOO (Philadelphia), then east. When the Cardinal uses Superliners, eastbound passengers going beyond WAS have their choice of NEC trains to continue their trip.
  by acelaphillies

Tadman wrote:This is almost two years old now, but I'm not sure if it was ever posted - Amtrak 365 detouring over South Shore trackage (under wire) on the far southeast side of Chicago.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sEAH4ownAl0" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Sweet, send some ACS-64's out there! On second thought, I heard there are a lot of HHP-8's sitting around...

:-D :P :wink:
  by ajp

sighted in Mamaroneck NY EB at about 1:30p a ACS-64 with a three car train whit what appeared to be the Corridor Clipper and the Amtrak theatre car.