• AYMO stuck at Shirley...

• Guilford Rail System changed its name to Pan Am Railways in 2006. Discussion relating to the current operations of the Boston & Maine, the Maine Central, and the Springfield Terminal railroads (as well as the Delaware & Hudson while it was under Guilford control until 1988). Official site can be found here: PANAMRAILWAYS.COM.
Guilford Rail System changed its name to Pan Am Railways in 2006. Discussion relating to the current operations of the Boston & Maine, the Maine Central, and the Springfield Terminal railroads (as well as the Delaware & Hudson while it was under Guilford control until 1988). Official site can be found here: PANAMRAILWAYS.COM.

Moderator: MEC407

by NellsChoo

Last night AYMO was stuck in Shirley MA. Just as we switched on our scanner, we heard AYMO and some kind of siren. We never really figured out exactly what happened, but it sounded like they lost air to half of the train. I take it this means the train had to stop where it was... blocking two crossings! Eventually they started west.

Anyone else hear what happened? Did they make it to their destination intact??

JD

PS: the dispatcher also made it sound like something had happened in the Concord area. He said "Boy, what a night!". Any clue what this was about?
  by GP40MC1118

I will hazard a guess and say that the "siren" you heard was the alertor's
audible alarm going off...

As for Concord it could've been Concord, N.H. or Concord, Ma., depending which channel went off. Nothing out of the ordinary happened around Concord last night that I know of.

Dave